Bye2

korra4life

I'm no longer on WtW and have withdrew the majority of my pieces. If you want to get in touch, you can message me on Instagram or my email (found in 'Message from Writer').

Thanks for being around, guys! Keep writing and DFTBA.

"Changing directions in life is not tragic. Losing passion in life is" - Max Lucado. Well... that happened, which is why I'm no longer on WtW. I'll be fine.

Check out my IG (if you want): https://goo.gl/CSk1Dz

Email me if you want collaborations, need reviews, or anything else: farrahgenewriting@gmail.com

Dreams #fire

7
I sob against the wall, pulling my knees against my chest. There's nothing I can do to stop it. There's nothing anything anyone can do. I ignore the flames curling along the walls and creeping along the floor. I ignore the sweat pouring down my brow and back. 

Papers and paintings alike are crushed beneath my feet as I stomped on them. I ripped apart my pieces and tore apart canvases. I watched all of my work become as damaged as my soul. I had poured everything I had into it. I had given my passion my all. 

"Stop it! Stop, Aaron!" my sister shrieked, grabbing onto my arms to keep me from doing more damage. I went limp, letting go of my anger at once. She knelt beside me and pulled me into a tight hug. "It's okay to fail sometimes. But, you need to believe that you 
are a good writer and artist. If you don't, no one will." 

Hot tears slide down my ashen cheeks and collect at the tip of my quivering chin. I take in heart-wrenching breaths and watch as the fire creeps closer, its hungry flames filling my tear-filled vision. It already burned my work. It already burned my passion to the ground. 

"I can't do this anymore, Talia. I can't pretend that I'm good. I'm not even decent" I whispered, rocking with my sister among my destruction. She sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I let her, trying to find some sort of comfort in her presence. 

"If it makes you feel better, I think you're really good" she said softly. I snorted and pulled away, kicking at a broken canvas. 

"That doesn't make me feel better. I'm as much trash as all of this crap" I snapped, gesturing to the ripped papers and torn canvases around the bright room. 

I force my eyes shut, ignoring the heat filling the room. I don't even bother to breathe in the smoke-filled air. My dreams burned years ago. Might as well burn too. 
Quick explanation: the parts in italics actually happened to the main character. The other parts are part of his dream. 
Check out Pureheart's contest here!!!

• December 31, 2018 - 10:00am (Now Viewing)

• Kahasai

Like what SparklingEmbers said, you did a really good job keeping up on the tension. Keeping the urgency is hard to do. Great work.

• korra4life

Thanks!

• SparklingEmbers

this is really good! Its so tense! :)