Screen shot 2019 01 23 at 7.19.15 pm

The Bubbling Pen

bubbling writer
mathsey person
swimmer
thesaurus-lover
learner driver
poet
pizza and pasta muncher
dessert hogger
science blogger
realist

Avatar made by Serendipity <3

Note =) I like to end my reviews with a "roses are red..." poem. Yes, it means I loved it. With all my heart <3

Sometimes the best worlds are within the folds of our imagination.
~ The Bubbling Pen

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read.
~ Oscar Wilde

Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind.
~ William Shakespeare

CHRISTMAS CONTEST WINNERS!!! #silentnight

9
YAY IT'S THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who got involved in my first contest!!! You were all so creative coming up with one liners for #silentnight :) Wow, some were so much darker than I expected... but beautiful all the same <3

Can all the winners please comment which pieces they would like me to review? I'll try and make them as detailed as I can :) If there's something in particular you want feedback about (eg. writing style/techniques, punctuation, themes... ) please let me know <3

WINNERS!!!
1st Place
I'll FOLLOW you :) 
3 REVIEWS ~ your choice 
3 LIKES ~ my choice 

Paperbird
Silent night: a plastic moon, plastered to an ink sky — this is what our world is.

2nd Place 
I'll FOLLOW you :) 
2 REVIEWS ~ your choice 
3 LIKES ~ my choice 

Secret Rose
I'm standing in the midst of a mysterious, silent night; the essences of all the love I've ever known quiver in the air around me; yet my most humiliating and sorrowful memories are swirling rapidly in my mind; but somewhere inside me, I feel strong hope that extinguishes the despair from the memories; and it comes from a holy presence I cannot see; although I can feel all its ethereal, wondrous beauty.

AND

Anha
When the night is silent, when the water stops running, when the wind stops blowing, when the grass stops growing, when the dust on the earth settles completely, when you cannot even hear the crickets sing, something is terribly, irreversibly wrong.

3rd Place 
I'll FOLLOW you :) 
1 REVIEW ~ your choice 
3 LIKES ~ my choice 

nevaredhp
It's always a silent night until the anxieties hit, yelling for your undivided attention as you attempt to stare at your eyelids.

Honorable Mentions
3 LIKES ~ my choice

Rose, Thorn
A silent night was waiting for me to make it something else, as it waited for me to disturb the peace I pondered over the thought of killing the emptiness.

Quille
Have you ever gone for a walk in the silent night and heard the stars singing a lullaby to the day?

Serendipity
This may be our last silent night before we have to start running from it all again.

AJ - Izzy
Whilst rushing through and through for a dear life, that night was indeed a silent night; and yet whilst the anxious faces surrounded her, a cry of delight was heard; a cry of sadness, purity, innocence... the cry of a child.

I will also be publishing a list of all the contestants and their one liners within the next few days (with a few dot points about what I liked <3 ), so keep posted!

• December 31, 2018 - 12:35am (Now Viewing)

• paperbird

wow, thank you so much! i was not expecting first place.
    i would appreciate it if you could review my pieces “my mother the face-maker”, “nostalgia”, and “throat of an angel”. you can find them in the search bar.
    again, thank you so much!

Thanks so much for second place! ( @Secret Rose, welcome back and thanks for the heads up) If I could get you to review my pieces Chimneysweep Bird and the librarian (the second one's a little old, but you'll find it once you scroll past the content fillers that are q&as. Congrats to my fellow winners!

• Kahasai

Those are amazing! Congrats to the winners!

• Secret Rose

What I meant by not being able to read pieces properly is only those that are really long; that’s why I’m still able to read short pieces and join contests.

• Serendipity

tysm for the honorable mention! it made my day! <3

• Secret Rose

And thank you so much for this contest; and congratulations to the rest of the winners and all the participants as well!

• Secret Rose

Wow thank you so, so much The Bubbling Pen! Sorry, but is it ok if I ask you for the reviews in the future instead of now? Because unfortunately my computer has been glitching really badly the past few months; that’s why I’ve only been able to post comments on Wtw; I can’t even write or read other writers pieces properly! That’s why my account looks so outdated....sorry!

• The Bubbling Pen

Thanks everyone for your support!!

• nevaredhp

wow I can't believe it!! I keep scrolling up and double-checking to make sure I actually placed because I'm so surprised! I guess if you could review Subway Lullabies, that would be great <3 thank you!

Congratulations to the winners! This was a fun contest, thanks for hosting it!

Yay! Good winner choices :DD Congrats, everybody, you did awesome :DD