Images

nevaredhp

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all. - Psalm 34:18-19

INFJ-T

Drop prayer requests on any of my pieces <3

I don't think I've ever written something quite like this before, so feedback is much appreciated.

This Little Light of Mine #candleflame

11
i held a candle flame
in the palm of my hand.
wax dripped onto my skin,
but it didn't burn.
it molded.

i held a candle flame
with a heart of gold.
it masqueraded as a wildfire, 
but still left few remains.
it melted.

i held a candle flame
up to my tired eyes.
where can i go without light
but into the abyss?
it flickered.

i hold a candle flame
on the mantle of my mind.
sometimes the brightness overwhelms,
but each day i draw closer.
it glows.

• nezi_nes

Wowowow the mood of this piece and the structure and the word choice...so good!! Also sense something deeper about life and death but can't quite pinpoint it. I love your writing, missing you on wtw! (But can't really say anything myself cause I haven't published much either :P)

• Christy Wisdom

Hey, nevaredhp! As for your question on our reviewing assignments, I have nothing in particular of mine that I want you to review, so you can do whatever you like, if that's okay? Anything you want me to do for you? Also, don't worry; take your time with writing the reviews, I don't mind!

Wow! This is beautiful. :DD I wish you really good luck in the contest and I think it's cool that we used the same title :DDD

• Nonny21

Oh this is just beautiful. Lovely imagery, I love the first verse and how it drew me in "wax dipped". Last line of each verse was such a nice touch. It's subtle, but seems to hold a deep meaning the way the last verse is in present tense rather than past tense like the other verses. Lovely lovely read and keep it up.
    I've got to ask though, is the candle flame a metaphor for anything? Anything in mind as you wrote this?

• nevaredhp

prompt from Ellie O'Grady's contest: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/93575/version/177536