Img 0741

Sydni Whitfield

My name is Sydni but you can call me Syd;)
Strongly believe in owning a ton of books and drinking a lot of coffee.

Just a 16 year old here to hang out and write!
~INFP~

Book Recommendations?

4
I am in such a reading mood (like always) and really want to read a good book. I want to read a lot before I go back to school. Any recommendations?? 

I'm currently reading, Call Me By Your Name. It's pretty good so far:) 

• CuriosityKilledTheCat

I'm not sure whether you'd like them, but here are some of my all-time YA favourites:
    They Both Die at the End - Adam Silvera
    Last Seen Leaving - Caleb Roehrig
    Tomorrow When the War Began series - John Marsden
    Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Patterson
    Hope you find something awesome to read!!! : D

• Sydni Whitfield

@The Bubbling Pen, Ahh Jane Eyre is my all time favorite too!! Thanks for these recommendations!! I've been wanting to read 1984 for a long time:)

• The Bubbling Pen

@nesi_nes, same :) Everyone's telling me I need to read Dan Brown so I'll get onto it this holidays!

For Syd, you can try 1984 by George Orwell (futuristic novel that was written in 1948) and anything Jules Verne (sci-fi) like 20,000 Leagues Under the Ocean. I agree with Luna Lemon - read the Book Thief :) I've just finished Breathe by Sarah Crossan and it's pretty good (also sci-fi). For historical fiction, I'd say Act of Faith by Kelly Gardiner or Monsieur Montespan by Jean Teule. My absolute favourite classic would be Jane Eyre <3 Hope you find a read that interests you!

• Sydni Whitfield

@Kahasai @Nezi_nes, All these recommendations!! You all are the best!!

• nezi_nes

My mind is drawing a blank, probably because I've been itching to read Origin by Dan Brown (got it for Christmas eheh). It's the latest of his series of history-mystery-action novels. I'd recommend reading the other ones before this though! (Angels and Demons, the Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol, Inferno)

• Kahasai

@Luna Lemon, you and I have very similar tastes. :) That's the first time I've seen anyone other than my family recommend Peter and the Starcatchers (I highly recommend it, Sydni Whitfield.)

Sadly, I haven't been reading as much, but here's what I've enjoyed in the past:
    Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (a duology)
    The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
    The Gunslinger by Stephen King
    (not a horror story)
    Dreamer's Pool by Juliet Marillier
    Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (10/10 must read)
    The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
    - any Brandon Sanderson book
    Nemesis by Brendan Reich
    Robin: Lady of Legend by R.M. ArceJaeger
    Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong

• Sydni Whitfield

@Christ Wisdom, I have heard that the Artemis Fowl series is fantastic! I'm definitely reading it this year! Thank you!!

• Christy Wisdom

You should definitely read the Artemis Fowl series. It's so awesome!

• Sydni Whitfield

@Luna Lemon, Oooh thank you for all the recommendations!! I loveee Historical Fiction and Ray Bradbury is my all time favorite author! These are perfect:)

• Sydni Whitfield

@Quille, I have not, but I just read about it and it sounds super interesting!! Definitely going to give this series a go! Thanks for the recommendation!

• Luna Lemon

Historical Fiction: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Making Bombs for Hitler by Marsha Skrypuch, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
    Fantasy/Sci Fi: Renegades by Marissa Meyer, Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
    Fiction: Wonder by R.J. Palacio, The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury

Here are just a few books I love depending on what genre you like! Happy reading:)

Have you read The Dark Is Rising series by Susan Cooper? It's a fantastic series of five books :)