Img 0371

Serendipity

melbourne, aus
just trying to escape through writing
yooo the IB is a mad lad

I'll be republishing this piece a lot.
Happy holidays!

COMPETITION TIME! #serendipitouscomp (• ε •)

20
Heyo! It's me again dudes! 
In the last piece I published, I mentioned that I was going to hold a competition for reaching 30 followers (which is like, 30 more followers than I thought I'd ever get thanks again you amazing ppl!) I know right now probably isn't the best time to hold a competition with so many other people doing user-comps, but I promised that I'd do it. And if I don't do it now, knowing me I'll be super lazy and forget about it. :P

So, without further ado, here is the competition! 

THEME
Your piece must include the word 'peppermint' in it somewhere. Please note though that entries which have a lot of creativity in how they incorporate 'peppermint' are going to be more favourable than ones which say, for example, that the pet cat's name is 'Peppermint' or something. Unless the cat is very special to the story. 

WORD LIMIT
100 - 1000 words. 

DUE DATE
As I've released this so close to Christmas and it is Christmas themed (lol sorry), I'll put the due date for Monday 14 January 2019 to give you some time to complete the entries (and for lots of entries to flow in ^-^).

CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please remember to use #serendipitouscomp in the title along with whatever your piece is called. It would also be greatly appreciated if you could put a link to your entry in the comments. 
Remember to keep your entries WtW appropriate, cos its cool to obey the rules. 
If not many people join, then I'll withdraw the competition. Sorry. 

PRIZES

1st place: 
A follow, very detailed review of 5 of your pieces (your choice), likes on 8 of your pieces (I do not give out likes very often :P) and a shoutout for two weeks on my profile. Also, to make things original, I'll add in the choice of me drawing you a profile picture/logo for your account (I used to designs account logos on another site so yeah \( ̄▽ ̄;)/). 

2nd place: 
A follow, very detailed review of 3 of your pieces (your choice), likes on 5 of your pieces and a shoutout for one week on my profile.

3rd place: (IF THERE ARE ENOUGH ENTRIES)
A follow, very detailed review of 2 of your pieces (your choice) and likes on 3 of your pieces.

I can't wait to see the entries! 
Happy holidays everyone!

• January 12, 2019 - 5:53am (Now Viewing)

• Serendipity

@Johanna Yeah, its all good :)

• Johanna

OH NO I completely forgot to put the hashtag in the title!! Can I just leave it?

• Johanna

I hope I'm not too late?

• korra4life

Sorry for my horrendous entry. I couldn't come up with anything good.

• mryeast

I can entEr maybe

• Serendipity

that being said, i am so happy that we currently have 7 entries!!!! thank you all so much for entering <3 - right now, every single entry is amazing so it's going to be very hard to judge >o

• spearmint

Yeah, no way can I write something as creative as this, but I look forward to the winners!!

• Serendipity

Well, if you mean for 3rd place to be open, I think 10 entries would be a good number but I put that there in case there were like 3 entries or something (if you get what I mean)

• Kenny

just curious, how many entries count as enough?

• Silver Pen

My entry is called Watchword#serendipitouscomp. Thanks for hosting this! :)

• The Bubbling Pen

I love this prompt :) Thanks for the contest! Here's my entry:

• timtam.9

This is my entry!!

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Here’s mine! :P

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Woohoo sounds fun! :D I’ll be entering tonight (hopefully)!

• CreativeAngel

This seems really fun but I have to remeber to enter! Sorry if I don’t though

• green.eyes.gurl

If I get the chance, I'll try, but I'll likely be traveling after Christmas up until the New Year, so no promises. This seems really fun though, so I'm definitely going to remember this if I have a few spare moments!

• Christy Wisdom

Alright, I've entered.

• paperbird

i'll probably join, but i'm not sure i'll have the time, as i'm kind of busy. but this seems really fun, good luck!