Other mother

Araw

Writers block is a plague and I'm infected. Hi, I'm Araw. I'm sixteen and I call myself I writer.

I only started writing to practice for a scholarship exam. Four years later, here I am. My writing has two modes: Dark short story or sapphic poem.

#mystoryq&a

5
Saw this one super late, but I wanted to do it. Q and As are always fun.

do you still live where you were born? 
Nah. Directly after I was born, I was taken to Singapore and then moved around a lot throughout my life, sometimes back to my birth country, sometimes out. 

how many languages do you speak/study? 
I can speak Tagalog, English, and Spanish (kind of) fluently. Up until recently, I was learning Japanese in school, though I'm continuing it at home even though my time in that course is over. The other languages I study are Latin, Hebrew and Noongar. The ones I've picked up but haven't actively been studying are French, German and Italian. 

do you consider yourself a good student? 
I think I'm alright. I work a decent amount and get alright grades. Trying for Dux next year, but there's no guarantee I'll get it.

do you sport? 
Yeah, I do badminton, though I only started taking it seriously very recently.

are you religious? 
Yeah, but that's a complicated situation I don't feel like getting into. 

what should you be doing right now? (me, studying for two tests i have in about 12 hours) 
I should be taking a break and relaxing because my summer holidays have just started, but there's nothing to do, so I've been doing the maths homework packets. 

who was your last crush and why? 
By "last" I assume you mean the most recent one, which is still my current one. She's an upperclassman in my school and she doesn't know about this site, so hopefully she never finds this. You also ask why, so I just have to say that she is not only beautiful, but she's smart and feisty. There's a lot of playful banter between us which I think is important to have in any friendship or relationship. When we're not making fun of each other, she can be so adorable and at times awkward. Oh wow I've said a lot on the subject. Let's move on...

do you think trauma/adversity damages people or helps them grow? 
I think this depends on the person as well as the type of trauma. People have different coping mechanisms for different things. Something that may be a learning experience for someone can break another person. Something that makes someone give up an important part of their lives may be someone else's motivation. 

what is the artwork you are currently most proud of? 
If we're talking visual art, it's either a digital drawing of Pidge from Voltron or a lino print of a cathedral. 

describe yourself. physically. BE POSITIVE AND HONEST. 
I'm really short. Like 149 cm short. I've got straight black hair that goes a little past my shoulders. My size and face makes me look maybe four years younger than I actually am. I'm underweight for my height and have been since I was about eight, though I'm much closer to a healthy weight now. I'm normally pale, at least for a Filipino, but right now I'm tanner than usual because of my time in New Zealand. My eyes are brown and have dark circles around them that won't go away no matter how much I sleep (the rest of my family has them, too). I'm not too self conscious about any of my traits, but being tiny and light makes me really weak compared to everyone else. It also probably makes me a little less respectable to my underclassmen at school, but tbh I don't really care. 

• December 23, 2018 - 2:56am (Now Viewing)

• Araw

@asteria Never too late! That being said, yeah it can suck, but we have lower risk of cardiovascular disease, so there's that.

• asteria

i hope it's never too late to comment lol
    truth be told, i get you with the whole being short thing. apparently i'm 151 cm (4 ft 11 in) being short sucks sometimes :p

• she's-got-a-story

oh that's awesome! hope you get it!

• Araw

@she's-got-a-story Dux is like valedictorian but in Australia, so like highest ranking student in the batch based on predicted ATAR scores. ATARs are like SAT scores but for people in New South Wales.

• she's-got-a-story

oh wow you are short
    i am... 174 cm. apparently.
    and also WOW on the languages. like WOW.

• she's-got-a-story

what is a Dux
    going to go convert 149 cm to prOpeR meASureMenTS
    brb

aLRigHt gRadEs