Screen shot 2019 01 23 at 7.19.15 pm

The Bubbling Pen

bubbling writer
mathsey person
swimmer
thesaurus-lover
learner driver
poet
pizza and pasta muncher
dessert hogger
science blogger
realist

Avatar made by Serendipity <3

Note =) I like to end my reviews with a "roses are red..." poem. Yes, it means I loved it. With all my heart <3

Sometimes the best worlds are within the folds of our imagination.
~ The Bubbling Pen

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read.
~ Oscar Wilde

Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind.
~ William Shakespeare

My 1st Contest! #silentnight

8
Hi everyone!

I've really loved all the contests I've participated in so far and was inspired by Ellie O'Grady's #oneblue contest, so here's one of my own!

The countdown 'til Christmas is well underway! Write a one liner with the words ‘silent night’.

Please put your one liner in the comments by December 26th 2018 <3

PRIZES... OH YES, I KNOW THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR :)

Everyone
I'll definitely LIKE at least one of your pieces!!

1st Place
I'll FOLLOW you :)
3 REVIEWS ~ your choice
3 LIKES ~ my choice

2nd Place
I'll FOLLOW you :)
2 REVIEWS ~ your choice
3 LIKES ~ my choice

3rd Place
I'll FOLLOW you :)
1 REVIEW ~ your choice
3 LIKES ~ my choice

Thanks everyone!!!

• December 22, 2018 - 3:31am (Now Viewing)

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

The silent night seemed to defy the will of universe, for when anyone came near, they always walked away with a ringing in their ears and a faint laughing on their tongue.

• Dyno_Isabella

Logic says that a silent night like this is peaceful, but emotions never have like doing as they're told, have they?

• The Bubbling Pen

All the entries so far have been ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Above, it says this is due December 26, but that is WRONG. Put your entry in the comments by December 30 :) Thanks so much <3

• Kahasai

The night was silent, because at last, you were alone.

***

Everyone sounds so awesome!
    Here's a quote from the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss:
    "It was night again. The Waystone Inn lay in silence, and it was a silence of three parts." Because it fits the competition requirements. :)

• Mary Wall

To live and let live, to love and let love, and to never, ever, ever sing the wrong verse of silent night during a church service, are all my mantra's.

• Secret Rose

I'm standing in the midst of a mysterious, silent night; the essences of all the love I've ever known quiver in the air around me; yet my most humiliating and sorrowful memories are swirling rapidly in my mind; but somewhere inside me, I feel strong hope that extinguishes the despair from the memories; and it comes from a holy presence I cannot see; although I can feel all its ethereal, wondrous beauty.

• Serendipity

This may be our last silent night before we have to start running from it all again.

When the night is silent, when the water stops running, when the wind stops blowing, when the grass stops growing, when the dust on the earth settles completely, when you cannot even hear the crickets sing, something is terribly, irreversibly wrong.

• Rose, Thorn

A silent night was waiting for me to make it something else, as it waited for me to disturb the peace I pondered over the thought of killing the emptiness.

• AJ - Izzy

Whilst rushing through and through for a dear life, that night was indeed a silent night; and yet whilst the anxious faces surrounded her, a cry of delight was heard; a cry of sadness, purity, innocence... the cry of a child.

• Ryder

Silent nights aren't always quiet.

• janice

They see it as a silent night... I can only see the calm of the storm.

Have you ever gone for a walk in the silent night and heard the stars singing a lullaby to the day?

• Blankitude

it was on this silent night I met you whom lit up the all stars in my dark sky into a dazzling milky way

• Ryder

I just published one! Hope you get a lot of entries!