Hot air balloon drawing

chethana

15 years old. Bibliophile. I enjoy reading and writing immensely. I would appreciate book recommendations of all genres. I am currently in high school and love the library. Thanks for checking out my profile! Follow me on Instagram @chethana_r.m

I want to know what type of person you feel Rory is based on what you've read so far. Also, what do you think I should change?

Looking

4
    A young woman, clad in black, crept into an old building.Her black uneven chopped hair peppered  with dust. Outside the old building war, cries sounded through the air. Her eyes looked through the old crumbling shelves for something. They settled on a faded red leather book with a legible title, laying on the floor. She set her bow and arrows next to her and sat on the floor. Scarred hands flipped the stiff yellow pages, black eyes whipping through the words.
 “The white monsters with skin as smooth as marble and white as snow lay dead. The wizards and civilians along with the king's army had stopped the last wave of monsters from taking the capital. A sixteen-year-old Prince Hayden was standing near a pile of rubble, looking down into his cupped hands. A small white figure, no bigger than a fist, lay there sleeping. It was one of the last monsters left. Prince Hayden knew he had to turn the baby into the head wizard.But he couldn’t, it was a baby. He looked around before running towards a garden shed close by. As he sank against a wall, the little monster opened its bright blue eyes and reached out with its teardrop shaped hands. The prince lowered his right hand, onto which the baby immediately snuggled close to.
   From that day forward, Prince Hayden snuck out from the refugee camp he was staying at least once a day to care for him. The monster was the heir to the monsters throne and Prince Hayden named him Malus. Over the course of the next year, Malus grew and grew and his species had increased their violence looking for their prince.
   One day, a very harsh winter night, Prince Hayden was not able to leave the camp and Malus got scared. He ran out the shed and towards some glowing lights. Prince Hayden was eating dinner when Malus ran in.
 Her eyes widened at this information. She had thought  that the prince told Culpam, the head wizard, about Malus.
   Prince Hayden immediately pushed Malus towards the door before running out. The refugees were screaming and crying.Culpam ran after them with his staff in hand. He had to do his duty of protecting his prince from danger. As the wizard chased after the duo, Prince Hayden was trying to convince Malus to run away. Culpam reached the clearing in the middle of the woods where they both were arguing. He twirled his staff around, muttering an incantation, creating a blue fire. The blue fire would permanently banish the monster into Hades, the realm of monsters. As the fireball was about to hit Malus, Prince Hayden jerked around and in front of Malus.
   “What”, she breathed, She heard that Malus pushed Prince Hayden in front of him, causing his death.
 The blue fire enveloped the prince and his hand reached out towards Malus. Malus reached out his hand but Prince Hayden burned up, his physical body ashes and spirit in Hades. Culpam froze as he watched Malus gathered the ashes, blue tears streaming down his face.
    Her eyes crinkled with tears as she read the last sentence. If only she had someone, anyone, that cared that much about her.He had cared and rescued her but now he needed to be rescued. She sniffled and wiped away her tears, once again guarding herself against emotions.
”This is a mission to rescue your only friend not a pity party”, she whispered to herself.
  She flipped through the other pages and groaned with frustration, they were too faded to be legible. On the last few pages, though, there was a red scrawl. Parts of it were blacked out but she could still read part of  it.
 I, Culpam Masek, have tried and failed to release Prince Hayden from his prison. There is a reversal spell but no one has succeeded in using it. This vow I leave in here will enable you to find him.Once you say it you are bound to it.
She rubbed at the page.The next few sentences were smudged.She gave up and continued reading.
  You must retrieve him from Hades by the twelfth blood moon since it was cast or it will be his permanent residence.
  She counted on her fingers and groaned.“There are only twelve weeks until the Blood Moon this year.”
   She stood up and placed her right hand over her left and chanted,” I, Rory Zicari Hayden, vow to release Prince Zephyr Hayden from Hades by the Blood Moon this year or else I shall sacrifice my soul and sanity to the realm of Hades .”
  Her right hand stung for a moment. The oath was winding around her wrist in cursive black letters. She grabbed her bow and slung her quiver around her back as the sounds of war grew closer.
   “I will release you, my Prince”, Rory uttered, as she walked out,”I shall find you, my friend.”

This is a prologue for a fantasy story.

1

• chethana

Yup, I will be posting more soon! I just need to plan out the story a bit better.

• Johanna

Ooh! So intriguing! Will you be posting more?

• Johanna

• chethana

Thank you guys for the amazing comments! I will be adding more soon. I'm still working on it!

• The Bubbling Pen

I love this prologue. Your descriptions are stunning and I can't wait to find out more! <3

Rory sounds like an extremely devoted, determined person and I really want to know more of her story :D I loved what I read here and don't think you really need to change anything :DD This is really awesome!!!
    Also, my sister enjoyed the Grimm Legacy very much as well.

• Opal Drop

Hi Chethana. I suppose you are new to WtW! Welcome. I saw that you were looking for book recommendations. Try The Grimm Legacy. I really enjoyed it. Also, this story is nice! Good job!