Tenor

Dmoral13

Read: Pride & Prejudice by J. Austen (I'm in love with this book!)
_I want to be a translator, a writer, and teacher _
(guess I have big aspirations)
#Queens
*Not very active during the summer, sorry*

This is a prose poem I made years ago, :)

I Believe in Tears

5
I believe in tears no matter how crazy it sounds. Ever since you were born, even on that very day, you cried at every little thing that caused problems or prevented you from getting your way.
I was very much like that, when I was a child too, so don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating on you. All i’m saying is that once I reached the age of seven, my parents sat me down and talked to me.
They told me crying was pointless and it never did anyone any good. How others thought you were a baby and would make fun of me when I cried, made my parents look bad, and made myself look vain and ungrateful.
So for the longest time, I refused to let myself cry, holding it in, only breaking down at night.
That’s when, toward the end of five years, a close friends death, a wedding, injuries, and friendships, I sat in my room thinking. I called my best friend, and for the first time, in a really long time, I let myself cry, with the night absent. It was as I cried did I realize one of the most important things of my life.
Crying shouldn’t be a sin, one looks to disgrace. Crying shouldn’t be a dark color, we look at, aching for it to be bright. No, crying it a human trait we all have to go through sometimes, because when someone cries, it shows how much we’ve held in. That each tear we shed represent one problem we are going through or faced. That we don’t cry over one thing, but the built up, and the crying is the moment the tower comes tumbling down.
So stop watching people shed their tears, and think horrible thoughts. Quite lying to yourself and others claiming you don’t cry and never experience sorrow.
Life is about facing problems. So if you’ve never cried, then my dear, you’ve never truly lived.

2

• N.

I love this, I think it's a message everyone needs to hear :) beautiful

• spearmint

Haha, yeah. I cry every time I struggle too much, makes me feel better, but people tell me not to, and it really sucks. I think you just wrote a masterpiece.

Ditto the others!
    Used to cry a lot myself; finding sometimes more relief in tears than in anything other than writing :)

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Holy whoa. POWER here.

• Catlover

BRAVO!!!