Img 0139

Ellenrbnsn

"Writing is a passion I have never understood, yet a storyteller is all I've ever wanted to be."
-Ruth Parks

Any suggestions, criticisms, or comments are welcome!

The Memory Of Us

PROMPT: 0-9

2
9 are the number of pieces you broke my heart into when you slammed the door on our love with no explanation.
8 are the number of days I violently shook in a pool of my own tears, waiting for you to come home. 
7 are the number of times I kept looking at my phone, waiting for the screen to illuminate my pale face with a text from you. 
6 are the number of times I received false hope hearing the familiar ding of my phone, thinking it was you, but discovering it was only "Stay strong" messages from my friends. 
5 are the number of days after that it took for me to realize you aren't coming back, and the number of days after that for me to accept it. 
4 are the number of awkward first dates I went on, attempting to replace the idea of you.
3 are the number of perfume bottles I used, trying to cover your scent in my apartment. 
2 are the number of times I dialed your phone number and actually hit call, telling you to come collect your things. 
1 is the number of days I missed you afterwards, letting the memory of us fade into the back of my mind like the credits at the end of a wonderful movie. 
0 is the number of times you came home, and the number of times you told me you loved me and meant it. 

1