paperbird

feedback appreciated; thank you!

staining blue (something random i'm kind of proud of)

she liked brushing snow off of her shoulders and the inky blue i left her every valentine's day.  she liked the crisp feeling of a winter morning and the smooth blade of roller skates on sliced ground.  she liked hearts shattered by ice, held in her hands frozen and torn apart by bitter cold.  her hands froze, too---her fingers were always shaking with frost, and she never wrote if she could help it.

i faced the sunlight, and i was happy.  but the ink would stain my hands on every february fourteenth.  it dripped and oozed and bled sadness onto my nimble palms.  my hands were warm at the tips, hot in their centers.  they could write a thousand letters and craft words like wine.

1

• paperbird

@onion no problem! i’m going overseas soon too, and i’ll try to get the reviews done beforehand, but i might have to get a few done in early january.

• Onion3102

This is absolutely beautiful; great job! Thank you for reviewing my pieces but unfortunately I am unexpectedly overseas with an unstable wifi connection and won't be able to access the internet properly until the end on January. I am most willing to write 5 reviews for you in January- I apologise for the delay but hope you have a great Christmas and New Year!!!

• paperbird

@mary it was kind of intended to be lowercase for aesthetic. i mostly do lowercase stuff like that. thanks for reading!

• Mary Wall

Good job, btw!:)

• Mary Wall

This is really cool, but it would give a better presentation if you capitalized. ( Unless it was meant to be that way for a specific reason.) The first line is a bit confusing to me, but that could be just me.:)