Ryro

artificialaorta

Argentina

[intp + 18 + they/them]
a gotdamn disaster

talk to me about ryan ross. also debate me on my ironically firm stances on serif-vs-sans-serif and pinapple on pizza. or on literally anything.

#paperbirdq&a

7
1. what's the story behind your profile picture? so image description for accessibility and stuff; ryan ross wearing the iconic rose vest from the afycso era. reasons why this was chosen:
1. hes my biggest inspiration and probably favourite writer ever. honestly look at his lyrics. the way he can create a dialogue and a story and convey feeling so fucking well makes my soul weep. theres a few lines written by him that i want tattooed.
2. hes emo and so am i

2. when you start a "free writing" piece, do you like the font better when it's the editing font or the published font? editing font. serif fonts suck, and that's an empirical fact.

3. what movie scarred you for life as a child?  does it still freak you out? oooh man. there was this one movie called '9', animated one from like, 2009. and the design of the monsters in there is so creepy and so well done. the baby doll head with the serpent thingy gave me nightmares for years after watching. here's the scene in case you're curious. now, i love it. it might be one of my favourite movies of all times. of course it still freaks me out.

4. look up "horoscope personalities."  which one fits you? i guess if you take libra, and take away all the stuff about being bubbly and social, that's a pretty accurate description of me. also its my sun sign. 

5. do you consider yourself to a good writer? (be honest) i'm alright. i have my moments. i keep a document of phrases i'm particularly proud of, and i think most of the time i'm decent. it just feels kind of plain, sometimes? i don't know. i want to keep improving. i was told when i was, like, 13 that i wrote like paul auster and that's one difficult expectation to live up to, but i'll try my best.

6. so, as mentioned earlier, the q&a trend was all the rage in september/october.  do you know who started it? wasn't here around that time! so no.

7. what's one popular franchise you think is downright bad? ok i know people here love superheroes and that's fine!!! i love comics too. but the marvel cinematic universe and the dc cinematic universe just stink. the dialogue is lazy, the plot points are repetitive and boring, the characterization is awful. not to mention how all of these movies have a terrible diversity issue (but that's all of hollywood, which i also hate). it just irks me how something so creative was turned lucrative and stopped being about the message, and instead was exploited for money. with the exception of;
- thor ragnarok
- the winter soldier
- christian bale's 'batman'
- black panther
- watchmen
there are no superhero movies that i can honestly say i enjoyed watching. do yourself a favour, and read the comics instead. they're actually art; interesting, challenging, creative, and way better done than any movie. or keep watching as hollywood beats the dead horse of superhero movies until it stops shitting money. to each, their own. if you want comic recs, drop me a comment and i'll bombard you with a carefully curated list.

8. what do you think happens when you die? your thermal energy and chemical energy can't be destroyed, so it's cycled around. your body decomposes and you feed worms and trees and a part of you remains here, forever. your memory lives on through the people you love, through your art, through your contributions to the world. one day, your memory will stop living, an that's fine too. i guess since i don't believe in an afterlife of any kind, that's why being kind is so important while youre alive, y'know? because we're here for the ride and nothing really matters, so you might as well make the world a better place while you're here. 

9. describe your ideal life (job, marriage, kids, death, etc) im too young to be making lifelong plans. life keeps changing, and i know i will change and what i think i want now will not be the same that i want in the future. i want to keep living, and sometimes i struggle with wanting that, so i guess that's a good start. i want to live with my girlfriend, and i want to have an orange cat named papaya. i want so many fucking tattoos. i want to be happy.  i think dying alone is my worst fear that isn't, like, a phobia, so definitely not that. i think i just want to go to sleep, and just... not wake up one day. 

10. what is one food you're very territorial of?  in other words, if you found it in your fridge, you wouldn't let anyone else eat it. all food? all of it? if it's mine, don't you dare touch it. i will offer some if i like the person. stay the hell away from my food. you'll understand when you're in college and share a fridge with a whole floor of people you don't know. i swear i get upset about getting my food, because what if someone took it?

11. should pineapple be on pizza? carrying on from the nihilistic thread that ties this entire trainwreck together, hell yes. do what you want. life is too short to worry about stupid questions like these. instead, we should turn our attention to more pressing matters, like; 'is a hamburger a type of sandwich?'

12. abortion: yes or no?  explain. yes. a person has the right to their body, and what they do with it. even if you don't morally agree with this, and your ethics play a role in this opinion, banning abortion only results in more clandestine abortions. this is proven by statistical data. if you want to reduce abortion rates (which we all do, by the way), educate people and give them ready access to contraceptives. access to legal abortions just means that the mother is less likely to die from an unsafe procedure that will still end the pregnancy. dont debate me in the comments for this because there's literally no way you can change my mind on this particular point.

13. what aspect of the traditional science fiction future scares you most?  (e.g., robots, global warming, aliens, etc.) well, global warming is a scary reality, so that one particularly sucks. i think the rest is super cool. intergalactic collaboration? universal sharing of knowledge? sign. me. up.

14. why do you think people find pleasure in answering questions about themselves online? its fun to shout your opinion into the void and have people shout back at you. 
i have a physics final in 3 hours and im doing this instead of studying because im stupid or something. 
find paperbird's original piece here

• pencils.and.paper.roses

3: I've never seen 9, but I might have to watch it now XD
    5: Dude, you're a great writer! You did get second or third place (I think) in my contest, remember?
    7: I can't say I agree with you on this. XD But I'll respect your opinion! I've got friends who don't like them either haha
    10: XD XD That's so me
    13: Oooh, universal sharing of knowledge
    14: Agreed!

• CuriosityKilledTheCat

ADSFDSHDSGDHFH RYRO YES PLEASE!!! (I know I'm late but this is important.)
    Ryan's lyrics are honestly so freaking amazing and I'm just. wow.

• Kahasai

Hey, I saw your message. Don't worry about it. Thank you for doing the reviews despite a lack of internet access; I'll be waiting, but not impatiently. :) Happy new year!

• palindrome

Contest results are up! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/96383/version/183399

A GIRLFRIEND AND AN ORANGE CAT NAMED PAPAYA OMG INVITE ME TO UR FUTURE HOUSE PLS

• paperbird

haha love #14. and agreed on 8 & 12

• Kahasai

Ha, your number 8 answer is a lot like mine. XD

You definitely have your awesome writer moments, btw, speaking as a writer/reader.

I agree that turning superhero comics into live action is a dead horse. My top two from that whole circle of hollywood is Black Panther and Spider-man: Homecoming (which sounds less stupid than it sounds).

And 9! I was so freaked out by that movie for a long time. Then I liked it, and wondered how I'd make dolls like 9 ...