Christy Wisdom

Hello people! What to say? I'm a Christian girl. I like to write. I write tons of poetry, some short stories, and other things.
God bless you!
Shouganai
-I wish I could speak every single language, wouldn't that be cool ?

Sorry guys. Really am.

IMPORTANT FOR THOSE WHO ARE FOLLOWING MY PRO-LIFE PIECES (Also, note for those on my prayer request piece)

8
Hey all! So, I know that I was going to continue on in the line of questioning with the pro-life stuff, and I'm sorry I won't be able to do that now. Of course, if it is for a contest I will most likely post something, but Write the World has asked that I not post those pieces anymore. I hope you guys understand, and I'm sorry I can't respond to the questions posted. 

Also, for those on my prayer requests piece, I will not be posting anymore like them. Again, same reason as before. I will definitely still be praying for you guys, though. I just won't post any other pieces about it. 

God bless!

• Christy Wisdom

Alright, I think I will. Thank you guys for the suggestions.

• Kenny

Personally, I think WtW might be a bit biased against you. It might not even be that abortion is a controversial topic, I've seen plenty of pro-choice pieces on the site, and they weren't taken down. And your pieces on the topic were most definitely essays. I think you should contact WtW, and say that your pieces might have been social, but they were definitely essays, and thus follow the guidelines. And also that maybe 25% of pieces on this site have nothing to do with writing, and haven't been taken down.

WtW is rather unreasonable with its guidelines. The piece I wrote for the novel writing contest had underlying themes of rape, and I contacted them asking if it was okay, and they still haven't replied.

• Christy Wisdom

Thank you for your concern. I mean, I don't know if they actually meant the pro-life stuff as I thought they did, maybe I misinterpreted, but I haven't gotten an answer back when I asked them if I could keep writing them. Yeah, it's too bad I had to stop writing prayer pieces.

• janice

Well that's not fair!! I feel like their opinion might be biased for the same reasons as Paperbird. >:|

• paperbird

i think it's really awful that they asked you to stop. we disagree on a lot of things--i'm atheist and pro-choice--but i definitely don't think that you should stop posting your stuff. wtw is working on unfair conditions---your pro-life pieces were definitely essays, and would qualify under their definitions of writing.
    your prayer pieces were kind and helpful. if they wanted to get rid of social stuff, they should have cracked down on q&as, user-hosted contests, and the random social tidbits that nearly everyone posts. it's ridiculous that they chose you--a steadfast writer--of all people to enforce limits on.
    i don't think they were being fair at all. in fact, i think wtw might have been operating under a bit of a bias. the website originated in boston and was initially used for local teenagers, which would mean that the company is mostly comprised of democrats (which would make them more likely to be pro-choice and unassociated with religion). i think it's likely that this biased opinion was what led the email team to act on your pieces of all of them.
    in any case, it's unfair, and i don't think it should be accepted. i'm considering emailing them about it.
    i'm so sorry this happened to you. always write free <3

• Christy Wisdom

Me too. I still haven't got an answer back yet, so I don't know if I have to stop with the pro-life essays but it's too bad I can't follow up with the prayer thing. I was planning to do it.

• _________

Interesting.... I wonder why.

• Christy Wisdom

I'm sort of wondering if the abortion thing was not actually necessary for me to stop. You see, it was a very vague email. I'm going to email again just to check.

• Christy Wisdom

One guess I have is that because Write the World is about writing and my prayer piece was not, then it doesn't follow the purpose and so does not need to be on here? Because it was more about you guys and less about my writing and so was a social thing versus a writing thing. Hopefully I didn't misinterpret, but these were our thoughts on it.

• Christy Wisdom

I really don't know.

that’s strange. plenty of people post non-writing pieces, so it’s weird that they would only ask that you stop writing yours. i hope they didn’t do it just because abortion is a controversial subject. but what about the praying piece, then? lots of people post things that are sort of like that, and they don’t get taken down or contacted by WtW.

• Christy Wisdom

Interesting idea! I wonder if maybe it was because I was hosting a debate about something so controversial? I mean, when I do the essay things, I'll honestly probably write about abortion anyways, so maybe I'll be able to answer it then?

• AbigailSauble

Most of us probably have a piece that isn't a story, poem, or essay. Mass piece removal then? ;)
    Christy Wisdom: You could always incorporate answers to some questions into stories. Address the questions in a story-setting.

• Christy Wisdom

No, I don't think they will, at least. They wrote this earlier "Please remember that Write the World is for publishing stories, essays, poems, contest entries, and responses to prompts. " So I think they won't.

• Christy Wisdom

They did not unpublish them yet, and I hope they won't. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Thank you guys for your encouragement.

• she’s-got-a-story

i wonder if they're going to crackdown on the user-hosted contest and q&a thing then

• Christy Wisdom

I'm glad you understand, and thank you for your sympathy, AJ. So, basically, they said that since Write the World is a place to post "Stories, poems, and essays" I need to post anything that does not fall into that category on a social media site, which unfortunately I do not have.

• AbigailSauble

Did they unpublish your pieces on that topic?
    How sad ... I really enjoyed them.
    Well, carry on, Wisdom. Though people quiet us, let our voice forever be heard. :)

• AJ - Izzy

Also, I'm too with she's-got-a-story;

what was their reasoning?

• AJ - Izzy

Aww, that's okay! I really appreciate your writing, though, just never stop being yourself! You're an amazing person, and even though you can't post that anymore, you can still write! (and are awesome at it!)
    Stay true to your beliefs!! <3
    -AJ

• she’s-got-a-story

what was their reasoning?