pencils.and.paper.roses

Director
NERD
Hopeless romantic
Equally hopeless Fangirl™️
16
Early senior
Queen
The Lumineers
Bird lover
Fascinated by Great Britain
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with Rami Malek
❤️

Normal (revised)

6
Is there really such a thing as normal?

Is normal being a straight-F student? Is it being someone who gets perfect A's? Maybe it's someone who's always right on time, or maybe a kid who's always late. Is it someone who's homeschooled?

Is normal being the rich kid who posts selfies on Instagram every day to keep people updated on their life? Is it being the one who lives in a 3 bedroom house and doesn't use social media? Is a normal person someone who just has a small group of friends, but is happy nonetheless? Could it be having everyone in school admire you?

Or is normal being the kid who sits alone at lunch? Is it being the one who gets shoved into lockers and called a nerd? Perhaps it's getting F's on the tests that matter because his dad was out of a job, he had to work and didn't have time to study. Is it being the girl who cries herself to sleep because the kids were scared of her special needs brother and bullied him?

For someone out there, any number of these things could be normal.

I am not normal. Neither are you. 

There is no such thing as normal. 

• sedya

NORMAL IS A SETTING ON A DRYER!! :)

• Boogie With Stu

I'm definitely not normal either, I like it =)

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Thanks! :D I wrote it as a scholarship essay where the prompt was "if you could tell the whole world something at once, what would it be?".

• KittyTheCheshireCat

Wow, this is really good. You're right, there is no "normal", everyone is different.