Aba160e1 6c00 4bf4 839b e5fc204ccb12

RainAndSonder

poetry and short stories - they/them - harry potter (hufflepuff) - amateur guitarist - the beatles -
music - podcasts (esp night vale)
I drew my profile picture.
What if every song, book, poem, or painting was just a metaphor for food?

"living in the sprawl / dead shopping malls rise / like mountains beyond mountains," - arcade fire

"sullen eyes, your skies are empty / there's no saving you / life and death between your breath and barely breaking through," - heart attack man

lowercase is intentional.

I Need Prompts!

8
    I hate to admit it, but I've been having kind of a creative block lately. I've seen other writers do this, so... does anyone have any prompts? I'll take prompts of any kind, for poetry and short stories. I'll make sure to credit you if I use the prompt!

• The Bubbling Pen

Hope I'm not too late to the party :) I often find myself staring into space when something comes to me, but if you look at the things around you or find something that you do all the time (maybe you have a lucky charm, spirit animal or habit) and write about that. Comparisons always work for me, maybe give them a go?

Recently I was inspired by your username and wrote this piece:

Maybe you could do a similar thing from your perspective of your username... Why RainAndSonder? I wonder :)

• Christy Wisdom

I've sometimes found inspiration from a word or phrase that I see in something I read. For example, my piece "Claustrophobia" was written because I was reading fan-fiction and came across that word. So my prompt is that you should read something, anything, and take one word or maybe a phrase and write based off of that.

Since you've read a bit of Elfboy, would you care to speculate what might happen after the latest cliffhanger?
    I think that might be fun to read :D

• paperbird

write about how words have affected humanity (poem, maybe?)

Describe a character or setting, but include nothing about the plot of the story or universe they come from.

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

Count down from 10, using any kind of list or poem.

• CaisidePoetry

Describe a color without using any color words or naming objects that are said color.

• Lee Fudge

Someone steals a piece of cake you’ve been saving. What would you do?

• Aussie23

You are driving in the desert when tou see a waterfall, you look back and it's not there anymore. What's happening?

• AbigailSauble

... You get caught in an earthquake. What's your first reaction? ...
    ... You're wrapping presents when the box starts to shake in your hands. What happens? ...
    ... You wake up in a different world. Who are you? ...
    ... Describe a candle using smell only ...
    ... A walk in the park from the POV of a squirrel ...