Photo 1447349854819 113bfdea8bdf

Unamor_Unavida

Child of the universe, messenger of the moon & the stars ✨

Some important songs from my life :) there are so so many more than this, but these are some that stand out to me

Backing Tracks

PROMPT: Mixtape

2
Wow. To choose only a few? Impossible really. Music has played such an important role in my life. From the time I could speak, most of what I said were song lyrics or quotes from the radio. Let me take you through my life's backing tracks.

-Drift Away by Uncle Kracker- This song was my first favorite song. It was my mom and I's song. Every time I hear it I end up calling her so we can listen together. 
-Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol- Another song my mom and I adore. If I'm ever upset, this song is my instantly my go to.
-Rhythm of Love by The Plain White T's - This was the first song I found on my own. The music and upbeat tone drew me to it. 
-Cover Girl by Big Time Rush- A song from the first album I ever owned. This song helped me a lot with my body image and self esteem. I still listen to it from time to time when I'm feeling less than. 
-Living Room by Heffron Drive- This song tells a beautiful story, as most songs by this band do, it's amazingly made and will always be a favorite of mine.
-Your Whatever by Lovely The Band- This song is very special to me because I can't help but to think of my boyfriend when I hear it. It's very representative of our feelings and I love that. We're not perfect but, we're perfect for each other.
-The End of the Line by The Traveling Wilburys- My uncle and I's song. The song that speaks the truths we believe and share.
-Honey Bee by Tom Petty- My favorite Tom Petty song. It earned me the nickname Honey Bee from my uncle. "You should be called that because you're so sweet to everyone you meet." he said. 
-It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) by Bob Dylan- This song. Where do I even begin with this song? The fact that its still relevant so many years later? An amazing song that I believe everyone should hear. 
- Ripple by The Grateful Dead- My cousin and I's song. We're hippies so it makes sense. It is a beautiful song with an awesome message.
-Coachella by Lovely The Band- A song I shared with my little sister and she instantly deemed it my song, or more appropriately, her song for me. "It makes me think of you! That song embodies you!" she says every time she hears it.
-Helena Beat by Foster the People- My ultimate backing track. No matter where I am or how I'm feeling, this song has woven itself into my mind. Always there, always playing. I am by no means complaining about that. :)

Love Tom Petty! Used one of his songs for my 'mixtape' too :) :DD