acrosstheskysky

hello! i want a bagel

I wrote this months ago so I'm fully aware of its flaws, though extra feedback is very much appreciated!

forecast for this week, may 2018

7
Today the weather will be passive, with a possible blue sky, depending on what activities you choose to do. It would be wise to get prepare for upcoming weather conditions. After all, your actions today influence the weather tomorrow.
Thunderstorms coming up on Tuesday and Wednesday, although the severity of the storms has not been determined. As of now, our meteorologists predict that they’ll be quite mellow, taking into account the training you did for them. A good night’s rest and a healthy breakfast should soften the impact of the storms even further.
Also on Tuesday, after the thunderstorm, an unknown weather condition. It could range from sunny skies to a hurricane. Best to ask around and gather as much information as you can.
Later on Wednesday, after the thunderstorm,  a change. The weather afterwards will be very different. It will affect you more. As for what the change actually is, our meteorologists aren’t exactly sure. It could be glorious of disastrous, though you really have no control over it at this point. The absence of your mentor will take its toll.
Thursday is another passive day, well, that’s what our meteorologists think for now. They can’t really see anything out of the ordinary.
Friday doesn’t seem to hold much, but it is Friday, so sunshine is possible. Try not to stir up a storm.
Saturday morning there are things you need to do. After, a rain shower that will either nourish or drench.
No hurricanes all week, but our meteorologists can’t really predict those.
And as always, there are smaller storms peppered around the week here and there. But you didn’t need to be told that, they happen every week.
Good luck.
an old piece that essentially is a collection of metaphors
I can't remember what most of them are referring to but I wanted to post it anyway 

• December 12, 2018 - 8:33am (Now Viewing)

• loveletterstosappho

why am i getting around to commenting on this after like 9 months when i really could have commented on it earlier? no idea i think i'm just dumb u aren't even active anymore so you might not see this bUT
    i just wanted to say that my favorite part of this piece is the hints of sass/attitude? idk it just has a sort of personality that's different from its content. like the line "no hurricanes all week, but our meteorologists can't really predict those" is simultaneously a complex metaphor and really funny taken out of context because if ur a meteorologist and you just. CAN'T predict hurricanes or severe storms then you're a BAD METEOROLOGIST except it's a metaphor so it isn't actually the fake meteorologist's fault sorry this makes no sense i'm rlly tired even tho it isn't even late i played 5IVE HOURS OF TENNIS TODAY and turned in my ccp final and also elizabeth is making my brain spasm

• acrosstheskysky

oh yeah @christy wisdom it is a metaphor for real life (that week at the time)!

• acrosstheskysky

thank you!!

• paperbird

i love this. so complex and metaphorical. i realize this is kinda old now but it's such a unique idea... i love the idea of human emotion causing weather.

• Christy Wisdom

I like the metaphors. Am I correct in guessing that this is supposed to relate to life?

• JadeAndSerpentine

Interesting idea :)