ethereal.otherworldly

soft n sapphic

dreaming of goddesses, sunflowers and italian sunshine.

every poem is a different style, leave me and my everchanging existence alone

#mystoryq&a

4
do you still live where you were born? 
no - i was born in new brunswick, new jersey, and i now live in one of the three cities of the triad in north carolina! we moved when i was four because my parents got jobs here :)

how many languages do you speak/study? 
i am fluent in two: spanish and english. i learned english naturally from growing up in the us, and my proudly latin parents taught me spanish and bit of mapudungun, the language that the native people i'm descended from spoke. right now i'm learning french and italian as i love, love europe (been twice) and hope to live in italy as an adult.

do you consider yourself a good student? 
yes-ish. i have really great grades and am currently in a school for academically advanced students but i don't have a really great work ethic unless i'm interested and absolutely suck at math.

do you sport? 
never xx

are you religious? 
yes, but my dumbass didn't realize until a month ago. see, i'm descended from the natives that lived in chile/peru/argentina before the spaniards came, and since i was a kid my mom has always believed in la pachamama, the goddess of the earth. my dad is atheist, but i always believed in la pachamama and felt her and prayed to her, almost subconsciously sometimes. a month ago i realized that even though my religion doesn't have a name (since, to my ancestors, it was the only religion) i am still religious and worship and do rituals and shit. tldr: yes, but i'm dumb and didn't notice.

what should you be doing right now? (me, studying for two tests i have in about 12 hours) 
working on a moodboard, creating a piece for my portfolio to a really tough-to-get-in art high school, or doing math. (side note to elle: did u get snow too? classes have been canceled basically the entire week over here)

who was your last crush and why? 
real crush: an internet best friend, because she was so terribly sweet and pretty and funny. but i'm over her now and we're still buddies. shallow crush: ross lynch, because this video made me want to literally ~~~~~~ ~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~

do you think trauma/adversity damages people or helps them grow? 
depends on the kind of trauma/adversity. my mental health issues definitely helped me grow as a person and i wouldn't exchange them for anything, but my sexual assault trauma almost stunted my emotional growth and damaged me.

what is the artwork you are currently most proud of? 
piece of artwork? hmm - a collage i just finished that i'm submitting as part of my portfolio to that art school. writing piece? i'm not sure - i really like my achilles/patroclus piece.

describe yourself. physically. BE POSITIVE AND HONEST. 
yay! i have really high self-esteem so this should be okay. i'm on the slim side of average, as in during most of the day i look normal and in the morning my stomach is flat. my skin is like just ambiguous enough that you can't tell my ethnicity, and i have shoulder-length wavy dark brown hair. i have big brown eyes and pretty decent eyebrows, and a nice nose. i like to think my clothes are aesthetic as hell ;))))