D2923cce 38ed 4415 9bb8 f98af719c377

writing_is_art (Ayushi)

Music
Art
Reading
Writing
Competing
Leading
Helping

Isn’t it funny, how a single phrase of song lyrics trigger the entire song in your head? Absolutely incredible

The songs of my soul

PROMPT: Mixtape

3

‘My music is my very soul, captured within little harmonies.’

1) Shut up and dance- Walk the Moon
This song holds so much nostalgia from my past. ‘Oh don’t you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me. I said you’re holdin back, she said SHUT UP AND DANCE WITH ME..’

2) Counting Stars- One Republic
The first song I ever listened to in our beautiful language. ‘Lately I been, I been losin sleep. Dreaming about the things that we could be.’

3) Airplane Pt.2- BTS
A song that talks about staying humble even when you’ve got your head in the clouds. How even when you’re on top of the world, things can still fall apart: “One day it works out too well, then the next day I’m completely screwed.”

4)High Hopes- Panic! at the disco
A song about having high hopes for yourself and dreaming big no matter what: ‘Always knew I’d be that one in a million, Always had high, high hopes.’

5)We Young-Chaneyol x Sehun
A song talking about the elation and enjoyment of our youth. ‘The night is young, take this place. Brush everything off and clean up your complicated thoughts.’

6)Paradise-BTS
A song for the moments in my life that I didn’t have a grand dream, the moments I felt like standing still and just breathing. ‘Stop runnin for nothing my friend, every breath you take is in paradise.’

7)Lose Yourself-Eminem
A song about fighting and resiliency. The power of hard work and focus: ‘The world is mine for the taking, Make me king as we move to a new world order.’

8)Take on the world-Girl Meets World theme song 
The theme song to my favourite childhood show about friendship, love and taking on the world: ‘I’ve been waitin, for a day like this to come. Struck like lightning, my hearts beating like a drum.’

9)Magic Shop-BTS
An absolutely beautiful song that calms my entire soul. The song itself talks about an escape to a better place within our hearts: ‘Drink some tea and look up into the galaxy... You gave me the best of me, so you give you the best of you.’

10)Stronger-Kelly Clarkson
A powerful song and the first feminist anthem in my life. ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Stand a little taller.’

11)That’s my girl-Fifth Harmony
Another feminist anthem that gets my heart beating and lights a fire in soul. ‘.. You gotta get up and get it, you mad independent don’t you ever forget it.’

12)Breakaway- Kelly Clarkson
The final song that completes my mixtape: a song about growing up and moving on. ‘I’ll spread my wings and I’ll learn how to fly.’

• December 11, 2018 - 1:09am (Now Viewing)