Bye2

korra4life

I'm no longer on WtW and have withdrew the majority of my pieces. If you want to get in touch, you can message me on Instagram or my email (found in 'Message from Writer').

Thanks for being around, guys! Keep writing and DFTBA.

"Changing directions in life is not tragic. Losing passion in life is" - Max Lucado. Well... that happened, which is why I'm no longer on WtW. I'll be fine.

Check out my IG (if you want): https://goo.gl/CSk1Dz

Email me if you want collaborations, need reviews, or anything else: farrahgenewriting@gmail.com

Awesome Mix vol. 3

PROMPT: Mixtape

4
This is really hard to decide. I listen to tons of music, especially international. I will do my best to only provide English songs, but there will be some other ones shoved in there. I wish I could make several playlists to give to you. Welp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.) Airplanes - B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams
This is the song of my childhood (besides Party in the U.S.A of course) that I still continue to listen to often. As a child, whenever I couldn't sleep, I would bring my dad's stereo into my room. Then, I'd play this song softly while staring out of my window.
"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shootin' stars
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now."

2.) Here - Alessia Cara 
The only song in the world where the artist expresses how I feel in such a simple way. Do I relate to everything? Nope; I don't go to parties. But, her feelings of wanting to leave echo mine identically. 
"I would rather be at home all by myself not in this room
With people who don't even care about my well being...
I ask myself what am I doing here?" 

4.) Fine - Taeyeon
First Korean song, sorry, I tried. But, some of you might remember that I wrote a story, 'It's Not Fine,' based off of this song for a competition last year. This song is about a breakup, but I really love it anyway. 
"I tell myself, like a fool
I can’t swallow the words that linger in my mouth
It’s not fine...
Between the meaningless jokes, back-and-forth conversations
And all the people, I look like I’m fine
I pretend to be numb and I try to smile."

5.) You Say - Lauren Daigle
This song... hm... can I even explain? Yes, it's a Christian song but, I think it's universally applicable, despite your beliefs. I went through a lot, and I heard this song. It really summed up my feelings in a way that I couldn't just come right out and say. 
"I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know."

6.) Hollow - Tori Kelly
Another song fully capable of speaking my emotions. Okay, I'll stop saying it at this point. Just assume that every song on this mixtape speaks to me. This song is a romance/Christian (I can never tell with Tori Kelly), but it's really good, either way.
"I don't wanna be the last man standing
I don't wanna be the lonely one
Picking petals when the party's over
No, it's not any fun
'Cause I'm fragile
And you know this."

7.) She's in the Rain - The Rose
Another Korean song. I'm doing really good so far. Um... this song is very sad. But, it also helps me. They speak so much English through the song, that I didn't have to look up the translation. But, I did it anyway, you're welcome. 
"I’m dying inside
I wanna think that it’s a lie why why
Even if I shout there is no answer
A flood of loneliness
In the rain rain rain."

8.) Lo Mismo - Maître Gims ft. Alvaro Soler
You have no idea how hard it was to choose one Maître Gims song. I chose this one because I liked the fact that the song was about not wanting to change. For those of you who don't know Maître Gims, a French singer/rapper, he wears sunglasses all the time. A lot of people want him to take them off and stop pretending to be something he's not. This song is his response. 
"I'm going to learn how to fly and you're not going to stop me
I'm not going to live locked away, it wasn't what I had imagined 
I'm too complicated, I'll never go back
Into your little boxes, I live day by day."

9.) Tremble - Mosaic
Another Christian song, Tremble, is one of the most emotional songs I've listened to in a long time. I love this song with all of my heart. The first time I heard it, at a summer camp (Go-Tell), I cried during the performance. First off, the singer of the group singing it (not Mosaic) was sobbing through the song. Secondly, the lyrics were really comforting to me.
"Peace, bring it all to peace
The storm surrounding me
Let it break at Your name
Still, call the sea to still
The rage in me to still
Every wave at Your name." 

10.) I'll Show You - Justin Bieber
All right, let's talk. No, I don't love Justin. But, his Purpose album caught my attention. That entire album was so emotionally-filled and he was very honest in every song. This was a hard choice, but I made it. 
"Sometimes it's hard to do the right thing
When the pressure's coming down like lightning
It's like they want me to be perfect
When they don't even know that I'm hurting."

11.) Daayre - Diwale OST
All righty. I had trouble between choosing this or 'No Es Justo' by J Balvin. But... I don't know. This is the one song that I recommend you watch the music video. The cinematography was absolutely breathtaking! I have no idea where they shot this (it was several locations), the outfits were incredible, and the song itself is beautiful. 
"All my dreams were fragile like glass
Just upon touching they started breaking."

12.) Tears - Clean Bandit ft. Louisa Johnson
Not my favorite song by a long shot. But, these lyrics speak to me too. Even though it's about a breakup as well, I think that most of the song can describe me. 
"And my tears flow like the ocean
As they floated in the breeze
They were falling in slow motion
And they brought me to my knees." 

My title comes from Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1 (best soundtrack that I've heard in a long time) and... it's vol. 3, not only because there's two movies, but also because, I think, there are 2 other people on WtW who've used this title.
Let me know what you think!

1

Hm... :D

• korra4life

Thanks, both of you for your likes!
    @Quille, I will neither disprove nor approve of your guess. Am I Asian? Hm...

• rosemarywisdom

XD

I haven't heard any of these songs, but they sound cool :D
    Am guessing you might be of Asian descent? :S