ethereal.otherworldly

soft n sapphic

dreaming of goddesses, sunflowers and italian sunshine.

every poem is a different style, leave me and my everchanging existence alone

#paperbirdq&a

5
what's the story behind your profile picture? 
thought it was pretty- reminded me of the louvre, of paris, of europe. the places where i've felt most at home in my entire life.

when you start a "free writing" piece, do you like the font better when it's the editing font or the published font? 
published - it looks older, more traditional.

what movie scarred you for life as a child?  does it still freak you out? 
coraline, oh my god. that shit freaks me out to this day. 

look up "horoscope personalities."  which one fits you? 
pisces or aquarius. i'm an aquarius in real life, and it would fit me perfectly if not for the "unfeeling, doesn't show emotion" part of it. i'm one of the most emotional people i've ever met - i wear my heart on my sleeve.

do you consider yourself to a good writer? (be honest) 
i do! i really do - i think my prose has a really definitive, flowing, raw style that is great for showing emotion. i think my poetry, though def pretty pretentious, is varied and sensual and spiritual. i'm quite proud of my writing - i don't consider myself amazing or spectacular, but i have amazing self-esteem when it comes down to it.

so, as mentioned earlier, the q&a trend was all the rage in september/october.  do you know who started it? 
literally no clue. i did do it though!

what's one popular franchise you think is downright bad? 
riverdale. god, the writing! twilight, obviously, but that doesn't even need to be said. the fifty shades series - in its defense, i definitely didn't hate reading it... but god, the writing and representation of relationships is so, so bad. 

what do you think happens when you die? 
i'm not sure. i like to believe that my body will become part of the earth - maybe decompose into the ground or the sea, so that it can help plants and animals grow. i don't know about my soul. i think realistically there's just nothing - it's like trying to remember what life was like before you were born. but more romantically, i like believing that we settle in the stars, spend an eternity watching the galaxy unfold and spin as we rest among the stars and the gods and the souls of those dead before us.

describe your ideal life (job, marriage, kids, death, etc) 
yes! i've got this all planned out. in a month, i'll arrive in europe, where i take pictures and paint and develop better italian and french and see the most beautiful things the world can offer (this far of the plan is set in stone, as is returning to the us in june). i return to the united states to an acceptance letter to weaver academy of visual and performing arts. while at that school, i meet a girl (in my head she's bright and dark-skinned, with curly hair and green eyes) who's a sweetheart, smart and funny and we click perfectly. we fall in love and spend our years in weaver disgustingly in love in front of our friends. we move to europe for uni, after which i become a successful author and she becomes successful in her profession too. we travel around the world for a few years before buying a big, old villa in the italian countryside in a village like the one from call me by your name. we get married with my best friends in attendance, and adopt two cuddly cats. i plant sunflowers and butterfly plants in the yard while she sketches me out of the corner of my eye. we get bees (#savethebees) and adopt twin girls - probably toddlers. we raise them in this big villa filled with travel and love and acceptance, and i die at an old age, happily, still in my big house, with the love of my life.

what is one food you're very territorial of?  in other words, if you found it in your fridge, you wouldn't let anyone else eat it. 
salt. and. vinegar. chips. my dad once ate my entire bag and i literally cried and didn't talk to him for a week.

should pineapple be on pizza? 
dear god, no. the combination of the saltier, deeper taste of the pizza with the comparably disgustingly sweet pineapple makes me want to vomit.

abortion: yes or no?  explain.  (if you don't like politics you can skip this question) 
i feel like this question would be better phrased as pro-choice or pro-life - simply because i don't think anyone is pro-abortion. i am pro-choice and i think abortions should be legal, safe, and widely available - but i am not pro-abortion. honestly, i don't think anyone is. abortions aren't something that people want to do - but in many scenarios they are necessary. and even if they weren't necessary - who says i get to decide what another person is going to do with their body. that is basic body autonomy. i have so many reasons and research that i don't have the time nor energy to fill in here, but sound off in the comments i guess.

what aspect of the traditional science fiction future scares you most?  (e.g., robots, global warming, aliens, etc.) 
global warming. i've always said that i don't think the apocalypse will come quickly, in volcanoes or zombies or robot domination. it will come in the earth taking itself back slowly - in slow-moving wildfires that kill off too many people, in mutated animals, in heat and loss of land. the earth will kill us, in the end, slowly, and without us realizing. i know we deserve it - i just pray that la pachamama decides to keep it a couple hundred years away for now.

why do you think people find pleasure in answering questions about themselves online?
cause we're pretty selfish in the end - we think people truly want to know all about us.

OMG YOUR IDEAL LIFE IS TOO SWEET I WANT TO BE ONE OF THE FRIENDS DISGUSTED BY YOUR OVERLY PERFECT LOVE STORY

• she's-got-a-story

CORALINE IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS ANYMORE.

• paperbird

That's true about pro-life and pro-choice--I consider myself pro-choice, but I'm definitely not pro-abortion.
    Finally, someone who agrees on pineapple and pizza!! It's unnatural, disgusting, and the flavors are completely off.
    And I agree, global warming is TERRIFYING. Every time I turn on my computer I get a sinking feeling, like I'm contributing to WWIII of Earth vs. humanity.

• korra4life

I agree. Coraline was a horrifying movie. I was never allowed to watch horror movies (still not) as a kid and my teacher played it in class one day. A terrible memory for me.

• janice

I loved Coraline, though it scared me somewhat badly (I don't react much to horror movies, my parents can't figure out why). I hate vinegar chips: I once thought they were regular potato ones and nearly vomited... XD I'm a strange child