A309bf37 14c0 4669 9a41 ad3a221776df

Lee Fudge

Nice!

Self Proclaimed Anime And Manga Expert

If someone doesn’t mind, could you review this?

The Unchivalrous Knights: Chapter Three

2
The group of beavers were swimming in the water of the flooded area they had created. They were waiting for their plan to go into full effect, and were celebrating their efforts.

”Once all those humans die of dehydration,” One beaver said, “We’ll finally be able to use all the wood from their houses for new dams!”

“That’s right!” Another beaver yelled, “And it’s thanks to the genius of the boss, Foreman Ridley.”

A giant beaver surfaced from the water, and said, “You guys give me to much credit! Without you guys, I would only have a few twigs and a hard time building a dam!”

Leonard, Katherine and Isaac walked into this scene.

”There you are!” Leonard said.

One beaver looked up from the pond, and stared at Leonard.

"Hey, Foreman Ridley!"  It yelled, "We got a visitor!"

Ridley got out of the pond, and inspected Leonard.

"That village sent you three to get rid of us, did they?" He asked.

"Yep," Leonard replied, "But, those two are probably going to spectate."

"That's fine," Ridley smiled, as well as a beaver could, "They can be an audience to your beating!"

"Hey, nice one!" Leonard said.

"Thanks," Ridley looked proud, "Been waiting all my life to say that."

"Just get on with it Leonard!" Katherine yelled, "We don't have time to banter with the enemy!"

"Relax," Leonard said, and pulled out his sword, "With Goldberg here, these guys will be cinch to beat!"

Ridley backflipped into the pond, which was very impressive for a beaver, and shouted, "Melvin, Lazlo! Show this punk the power of the Beaver Kingdom!" 

The two beavers, Melvin and Lazlo, climbed out of the pond, and started walking toward Leonard, beaver grins on their faces. They circled around Leonard, and after a few rotations, they charged. Leonard hit them with the blunt end of his sword, knocking them back into the water. Ridley looked at the area the fell into in shock, then laughed. 

"You fool!" He yelled, laughing his head off, "Don't you realize you have to get in the water eventually? Then, we fight on our terms!"

"Nah, I can end this right now actually," Leonard said.

Ridley laughed even harder. "Oh you're some hot shot, huh?" He almost had his submerged from his head going back from laughing, "Fine, end it now!"

"Okay," Leonard said, "I need to be somewhere anyway."

He pointed his sword, Goldberg, out in front of him. It then started glowing a greenish hue. Ridley saw this, and stopped laughing.

"What in the name of the Beaver King?" He said.

"Goldberg Skill Number One," Leonard said, "Light slash!"

He rose his sword high in the air, then brought it to the ground. A u-shaped beam of light came out the sword, and hit the dam the beavers had worked so hard to build. The pond the dam created, started losing water, and the river gained it's water back. The beavers got caught in the current, and got washed away towards the village. 

"What's this beaver kingdom that Ridley talked about?" Katherine asked.

"Don't know, and don't care!" Leonard said, sheathing his sword, "Let's get our reward!"

Leonard started walking back to the village, as well as Katherine. She then noticed Isaac standing still, in absolute awe.

"He did it," He muttered, "The light slash, he did it!"

Katherine got Isaac back to reality by slapping him.

"Why do I keep getting slapped lately?" Isaac asked, rubbing his cheek.

"It's fun to do," Katherine said, smiling for the first time in the duo's entire trip. 

"You two done flirting?" Leonard asked, waving them on, "Come on, the reward's the best part of the job!"

Back at the village, people were drinking water like it was going out of style. 

"Oh thank you so very much!" The old man that requested the job said, hugging Leonard, "Thanks to you, we have water again."

"You're welcome," Leonard said, pushing the old man away, "Now, not to be rude , but about our-"

"Reward?" The old man interrupted, "For that, you can eat a nice meal with us!"

"All right!" Leonard pumped a fist into the air, "I'll take it! What are we having?"

The old man smiled. "Roasted beaver," was the answer. 

1

that last line! talking beavers, that’s something i’ve never read before. this is such a dynamic, interesting series :)

• Lee Fudge

I try my best.

• paperbird

interesting! love it