Images 1

f l o r a

lady madonna
children at your feet
I wonder how you manage to
make ends meet

GOOD NIGHT.

Awkward Teenage Superheroes (prologue to chapter three.)

5
Clouds faded in and out of her vision. Bursts of light. Flashing. Nausea.
"W-where am I?' Izzi's voice was rough and hoarse. The nausea was getting worse.
"Relax, Izzi. It's only me, Kelsey." Her brother. His voice was deeper than she remembered. "You're in Tony's infirmary. Gypsy, Mom and Dad are here."
"W-What, happened to me? My friends?" She squeaked, she still couldn't see through the haze. 
"You got into a fight. A really big one." Gypsy's voice was soft. "But you and the others will be fine."
Izzi whimpered, she knew she was in an infirmary. On a bed. She was nauseous and exhausted. She couldn't see, either.
"I'm gonna be sick," She whispered, holding her belly tightly.
She felt Gypsy's slender hand on the small of her back, rubbing in tiny circles. "You're fine, honey. Maybe you're just hungry?"
"N-no."
"Izzi, darling." Her mother's voice was close to her ear. "Try to go back to sleep."
"But mom," Gypsy protested. "She needs us."
"Gypsy, I am in no shape to argue with you. Your sister might be blind in one eye thanks to you." Elenora retorted harshly.
"W-What?" Izzy felt tears run down her cheeks. 'I'm blind."
"Oh, darling. I thought you went back to sleep. You always do so quickly." 
The bile rose up in her throat.
"I'm going to throw up now." 
As if by magic, the girl sat up, felt for the basin at her bedside table, and retched violently into it. She felt her hair get swept from her face, and heard Kelsey's digusted groans.
She let the last of it drip from her lips.
"There's a good girl," Gypsy's tone dripped with sweetness. "Do you feel better?"
Izzi felt herself nod, and lay her head back down on her pillow. "I wanna sleep."
"Okay, sweetie." Elenora gave the basin to a nurse.
"We'll see you later then?"
"No, you won't." The bedridden girl deadpanned before the world went pitch black.

• Aussie23

Oh gosh, what happened!!??

• .audrey michelle.

WOAHHHHHH.... oh tea!

i have a feeling gypsy was jealous and hit her

and izzi... why wont we see u???

• Silver Pen

Nuts! Quick, show me the person who blinded Izzi. I'll get some Scotch bonnet peppeers. :)

• rosemarywisdom

<3