Maxresdefault

SparklingEmbers

Born an Ember
Growing a Flame
Now a Fire
Love to Write
Dream to Aspire

Holocaust COMPLETE Chapter 1

1
River. There was a river. I remember it now. 
                                                                                                                                                                                        1939
I was told to run away, run far out of my house, but I missed my family already. 

I'm scarred, a sword drew across my face, leaving splatters of dark, thick liquid, and a pounding in my chest. My scream roared through my throat and it ripped open my ears. I was able to find sanctuary in the back of my grandpa's farmhouse. 

The dim light in front of me, which was an opened door, suddenly closed with an echoing thud. My breaths were thick and labored, it was so dark I couldn't see my hand in front of me. A voice reached into the darkness and spat: "Come out, come out, come out of your hiding, Jew." 

It was a low voice, so terrifying. A thick German accent- the accent of our enemy- rolled off the voice in thick waves, waves that reached my shore a lot sooner than I'd hoped. The words were said so easily I knew the man behind the voice was trained to say that...I shuddered. 

What if he found me? 

please take no offense this is a historical fiction! I'm not saying all Germans are bad and all Jews are like this, this story stars one Jew out of millions. If I have some facts incorrect tell me. I want to make this as true as possible and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings! Of course it will be bias, it's in the POV of a 9 year old Jew, if you are German at all please do not take offense to this!! No hard feelings? no hard feelings :)