ccaple

My Brother

I can count on my brother for anything. He has done many things for me from coming to my sporting events to support me, to bringing me food during lunch when I don't enjoy the one at school. He stays up and watches shows on television with me until the early morning on school nights. We come up with crazy ideas that sound really stupid, but he somehow convinces me to go along with them. He's the one who has helped me become the person I am today. He made me suffer by making me watch his favorite sports teams who were really bad. But they eventually grew on me and they also became my favorite sports teams. I've been around him every day 24/7 for 17 years. So when he went off to college; it was really hard on me. I miss his habits that bugged me constantly. He didn't move far away, but I still miss him constantly. He comes back every once in a while to visit. Those are the days that I enjoy the most. Just seeing his face, hearing his laugh, brings back all of the memories of when we were kids just doing what we did, having fun. I know he is doing what he loves to do up at college, but it's nice to catch a glimpse of him remembering all of the fun times we had as kids. Next year, I'm going to graduate from high school and will see him even less. But I know that we will go off into the real world and do great things. We will both go into our respective fields and will become successful young men. Someday, I hope that we will both have children of our own that grow up close together. Than we will catch a glimpse of what our parents saw when my brother and I were making our own incredible friendship. That will be an amazing moment that will build onto our friendship. But until that day comes, I have to appreciate what we have right now in this moment. But who knows what the world will throw at us by then. This world is a hard thing to predict, so hopefully nothing bad will ever happen to us. Our bond that my brother and I have will last until the day that we both die, which hopefully won't be any time soon.