Wtw pfp

stripedfly

I like cats.

I prefer being alone, cold to heat, and chocolate over broccoli.

Short little contest #5

17
Quick little contest by the fly here.

Finish this sentence: Let's just...

Choose one of the following categories--humor, romance (also includes friendships, familial love, things that suggest romances, etc), and short but sweet/powerful.  

Please post your entry in the comments. Also post which category your sentence fits into. Sentences without a category will be disqualified. Your entry may only be ONE (1) sentence long. You can submit up to 5 entries total, and it is possible to win more than once. And yes, you can ask questions ;) Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Due Date is December 9. I'll be posting this a few times. Prizes are as follows: 
FIRST PLACE: Three reviews (your choice or random)  
SECOND PLACE: Two reviews (your choice or random)  
THIRD PLACE: One review (your choice or random) 
HONORABLE MENTION: One comment on up to three different pieces (your choice or random) 

You can find my first contest here, the winners here, my second contest here, the winners here, my third contest here, the winners here, my fourth contest here, and the winners here.

• Ashleigh2403

let's just remember today won't last forever, but tomorrow's a new day
    (short but sweet/powerful

• Julius Caesar

Let's just live together in the beauty of it all.- Short and sweet or romance based on perspective.
    "Let's just forget that we may have accidentally, almost burned the school down okay?" he laughed nervously, while desperately trying not to be overheard. - Humor

Let's just burn everything, our past doesn't deserve remembrance; not after what happened.
    Intended to be romance :)

• palindrome

about that last review, you can do whatever piece you want!

• AJ - Izzy

"Let's just go, please, before it's too late" (romance)
    "Let's just forget you saw me", he said, walking away from his brother and the room filled with whipped cream and sprinkles. (humor)
    Let's just go with the flow, the current, the wave that sweeps the unwatching off their feet to a new adventure (short&sweet)

Let's just forget, it's better that way. (short and sweet)

"Let's just ignore the fact that your dog likes me better and get in the damn car." (humour)

Let's just hold each other, even though you've forgotten how to feel. (romance)

"Let's just forget that the laws of physics exist because how the hell do I explain that a flying cow broke my radio antenna?" (humour)

Let's just run until our lungs give out, so you can finally understand what it was like for me to love you. (romance)

• Rosy_!

'Let's just keep on dreaming our crazy dreams, maybe one day they'll become reality."

• Opal Drop

Let's just hope that they won't come after you, because then we'll all die. (Short but powerful)

Let's just forget the world, all that matters is the both of us. (Romance)

Let's just like wait, because we don't know if he might be happy or trying to drown himself with Netflix dramas. (Humor)

Let's just never give up and always persist. (Short but sweet)

Let's just do everything wrong so they never ask us to work again. (Humor)

• PureHeart

Let's just run away together; with the world at our feet, what more is there to do? (Romance)

Let's just pray; perhaps God will hear our supplication. (Short but powerful)

Let's just love each other, and forget the rest of the world exists. (Romance)

Let's just stop and contemplate our existance for a second. (Humor)

Let's just dance; let the melody control your hips, and the lyrics control your lips. (Short but sweet.)

• Ryder

"Let's just be ourselves, and forget to be self-conscious of our faults"
    (short but sweet/powerful)

• Ashleigh2403

let's just stay like this forever never pausing for breath.
    (romance)
    Let's just remember I wasn't the only one who thought we should read the book releasing rampant gods in nightgowns.
    (humor)
    let's just remember that us working together to save the world means nothing, I still hate you.
    (short but sweet/powerful
    let's just remember that non of the pain matters and cherish our night together
    (romance)

• Silver Pen

Let's just sing to the stars and waltz with the moon until the sun rises, instead of complaining about how dark it gets in the valley of the shadow of death. Short but sweet/powerful.
    Let's just forget the craziness and let our eyes speak for a minute, God. ROMANCE.
    Let's just forget you said that; I like you too much to stay angry. Romance.
    Let's just standup and shake off the ashes, because our nest is done burning and I'm tired of people using me for a doormat. (Referencing the phoenix here -- short but sweet/powerul.)
    Let's just remember that we were born to win. Short but powerful.

• Victoria Penning

Let's just try to fix what we've done wrong for a change, so we can start a new life together. (Romance.)

• Mads

Let's just sit for a while doing nothing but think. (short and sweet)

Let's just do something for a change, anything! (Short and sweet)

Let's just run away, we don't have to ever come back to this forsaken place again. (Romance)

Let's just stop for a second, and scream. (Short but powerful)

Let's just stop for a second, and think about all the times when you've said that something has gone terribly horribly wrong. (Humor)

• Luca

Let's just forget that our time together is running out and live in the moment. (romance)
    Let's just forget what happened and go back to sleep. (humor)
    Let's just call for a pizza, dinner is beyond saving at this point. (humor)

• ProcrastinatingWriter

Let’s just shut up Category: Romance?
    Let’s just eat waffles and go to bed. Category: Short by sweet by powerful

• green.eyes.gurl

Let's just leave the fake Christmas tree up; it's already been sitting there for ten and a half months. (HUMOR)
    Let's just enjoy this time we have now, because I don't know how much more of it I have left. (ROMANCE)
    Let's just say that I may know a little something about that robbed animal shelter that had all of the animals taken. (HUMOR)
    Let's just go with your idea, Ryley, even though it absolutely sucks, `kay? (Friendship)

• Mary Wall

Lets just say pretend that I never popped that balloon beside your head this morning and then will you put the spatula down? (Humor)
    Let's just start over, from the very beginning, because trying again hurts less than the pain I feel at the thought of losing you. (Romance)
    Let's just clarify---this button will implode the earth and this button will order pizza and you want to know which one to press?( Humor)

• Christy Wisdom

Let's just stop almost dying; it's really bad for our health, you know! Humor
    Let's just forgive and forget; that way we can be friends again. short and sweet/powerful
    Let's just pray that God will get us through this. Short and powerful
    Let's just stop dwelling on the life we gave up so long ago. Short and powerful
    Let's just fire fireworks into the sky and hope it does that cool dragon thing from Lord of the Rings! Humor

• Mangolover

Let's just face it, be who we're meant to be and stop pretending for once.
    -(short but sweet/powerful)
    Let's just try to make reality instead of trying to fit in.
    -(short but sweet/powerful)
    Let's just be lonely together and pray that one day, the world won't be this mean.
    -(short but sweet/powerful)
    Let's just end it together, but don't jump off the cliff when I say jump; that's only intended for me.
    -(sad romance?? Idk)
    Let's just be happy and forget all the times we fought, for it is my last day breathing on Earth on this hospital bed, but promise me that you won't miss me when I'm gone.
    -(Idk if this fits in familial love but let's just go with it :)

• Dmoral13

Let's just accept this feeling of love, pulsing at our fingertips. (Romance)
    Let's just live. (Short but powerful)
    Let's just fall in for once, and see where we land. (Short but powerful)

• paperbird

Dude, how do you do so many of these?? I'm out of ideas, but I'm astonished at how much work you put into them.

• Lee Fudge

Let's just say I got rid of your, 'hostile mouse takeover' situation.

(Humor)

• palindrome

Let's just follow the river, we might find the ocean. (Powerful)
    Let's just ignore them, I'm already lost in your eyes. (Romance)
    Let's just forget the past and live the future. (Powerful)
    Let's just ignore the FBI agent at your front door and get a pizza. (Humor)
    Let's just follow the yellow brick road. (Humor/Powerful)

• Ellie!

Let's just burn our money and go back to the woods. (Short but sweet)

Let's just take a moment and wonder why the sun has to set. (Short but powerful)

Let's just pretend we speak Dutch and maybe they won't notice. (humor)

Let's just take out our paintball guns when the parade passes and it'll be far more exciting in short order. (humor)

• nevaredhp

Let's just get it out in the open: I like you. (Romance)

Let's just breathe in and out, over and over again, until our worries become carbon dioxide and leave us. (Short but powerful)

Let's just have a Fortnite dance battle for the Cheetos. (Humor)

• Dmoral13

Let's just let the magic burst from our souls and see where we end up. (Short but powerful)
    Let's just toss out heads to the side and say 'no'. (Humor)

• f l o r a

Let's try not to fall apart, 'cause we were made to keep on building up. (Short, but powerful)

• f l o r a

I forgot to put the category down, XD!
    Let's try not to send the dog careening down the stairs on your hoverboard, he isn't Johnny Knoxville (Humor?)

• AminahMcBina

Let's just forget that he said, that she said, that he said, that she said, "gossip goes on forever." (Humor)

Let's just waltz to the sky, because I have never seen a constellation dance. (Romance?)

Let's just forget that we forgot which tree the cat is stuck in. (Humor)

Let's just shine, because I think the rain wants control. (Short but powerful)

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Let's just try one more time, and this time try not to make her TOO bald. Random humor XD! I doubt I'll win, but I thought it was funny.

Let's just forget everybody else for a moment, the only things that matter are you and me.
    Romance :D