Quille

I am
Quille
The Cliffhanger Queen
Stoneheart
A Best-Selling Author
An Indie Girl
(self-published)
Elfwriter

So, does that help as a why?
@korra4life, thank you for having this contest; awesome prompt :DD
Everybody else, please check it out with the link I have provided in the footnote. Check out some other pieces by korra4life too.
They're definitely worth a read :DD
Thanks and God Bless :D

Moonlight #believe

3
"The moon is made of cheese!" I shouted at the mocking face that gaped at me. My own brother. He didn't believe me.

"Then what are the stars?" asked Billy, his face twisted with confusion.

"Salt. You need salt to make cheese." 

"Who makes the cheese?" Billy persisted, but I didn't care. I knew I was right.

"The fairies. They have to remake the moon every month after the night rat eats it away. They take salt from the stars and milk from the Milky Way to make it."

"Where do they get the rennet?" Billy sneered.

"They don't need it." What was rennet?

"You need rennet to make cheese. If your fairies don't know what rennet is, that proves the moon isn't made of cheese."

"It is too! They don't need it. You're just making it up!" I felt like crying, but my face was too hot. "The moon is made of cheese! I've seen the rat who eats it, he's the same one who lives under the porch. Why don't you believe me?" 

Mother rushed into the room.

"Billy, leave him alone, can't you see he's delirious?" She said.

"I am not. The fairies make the moon with cheese. Star salt makes it shine."

"Of course, dear, now go to sleep."

"Do you really believe me? That the moon is made of cheese? And a giant rat eats it all gone so that the fairies have to make more?"

"Yes, dear. Go to sleep. Your cheese-moon's coming now."

1

• majestically awkward manatee

Haha! That was really good and funny. The narrator is awesome :)

Thank you :D

• AminahMcBina

Haha! This was brilliant! The narrator was so cute (and delirious-might I add). You are so good at writing! You portrayed the child character so well!

• korra4life

Perfecto!
    I absolutely love this story with it's completely honest childish belief. Great job at writing it and thanks for adding that sentence! And thanks for entering my contest :D

• Unamor_Unavida

Aww this is such a great piece! It is filled with so much childlike wonder and excitement and passion! It's wonderful! :)