Dog and kittens

Ashleigh2403

Ravenclaw
Female/She/Her
Lover of creative writing
Bookie
Hunger Games
Avengers/Marvel
Actress
Cat Lover
Warriors
Star Wars
Horse Lover :)

Please Enter!

FantasyContest/MyFirstContest!

2
I have seen all these different contests on the site and decided I would host one of my own. I may be new but I hope you all won't judge me because of that so anyway. I LOVE fantasy and rewritten fairy tales/greek myths, so I thought I would do a prompt on it.

Due date: December 27 (as of now I may change it depending on how many entries I get)
Prompt: rewrite a tale, fairy tale or greek myth
Word length: 250-750 words.
Please make it so that I can tell it resembles the fairy tale you chose without being an exact duplicate. 

Please put #FantasyContest in your title and put a link in the comments so I will be able to find your entry easier. I will like all entries and describe what appealed to me about your paper. 

FIRST PLACE
- A follow if I'm not already following you
- Five reviews on your pieces (your choice)
- A like and comment on five or your pieces (my choice)
- A shout out in five of my pieces 

SECOND PLACE
- Three reviews on your pieces (your choice)
- A like and comment on three of your pieces (my choice)
- A shout out in three of my pieces

THIRD PLACE
- One review on a piece of yours (your choice)
- A like and comment on one of your pieces (my choice)
- A shout out in one of my pieces 

I really hope you enjoy my contest and please include a link to this contest in the footnotes. :)

VERY IMPORTANT: Please do NOT put anything suggestive or trans/gay/lesbian in your pieces. It isn't because I hold a personal grudge against any such opinions but I personally am not comfortable reading such pieces. 

i am definitely entering! does seem a bit exclusive to completely disregard any pieces with lgbtq+ themes tho... this is coming from a person whose poetry is mostly sapphic bullshit because that's what I find works. you do realise that the greeks were gay as right? you should take what @artificialaorta and @paperbird say into account, it'll help you grow as a person :)

• paperbird

• rosemarywisdom

Okay, I am in. 110% in.

• artificialaorta

hey, this is literally what i love to do most and a super awesome prompt. however, as a trans and gay person the footnotes r kinda discouraging. all my work is written by a nb trans and gay person, so all of what i write will be influenced by how i see the world and will have elements of those things i experience and relate to the most. it's impossible to completely separate the writer from their writing. i'd love to participate if you change your mind about the footnotes. let me know if you do

• janice

This contest looks so cool! I'm doing this!!!!!

• paperbird

Definitely entering; I love fantasy too!
    How detailed are your reviews?
    Also, to mention the footnotes: I find exposure is actually what helps with discomfort. I'll go with your guidelines, but if you want to improve your mindset it works best to read the stuff anyway.