korra4life

I'm no longer on WtW and have withdrew the majority of my pieces. If you want to get in touch, you can message me on Instagram or my email (found in 'Message from Writer').

Thanks for being around, guys! Keep writing and DFTBA.

"Changing directions in life is not tragic. Losing passion in life is" - Max Lucado. Well... that happened, which is why I'm no longer on WtW. I'll be fine.

Check out my IG (if you want): https://goo.gl/CSk1Dz

Email me if you want collaborations, need reviews, or anything else: farrahgenewriting@gmail.com

Contest Winners!!!!

6
You guys made this sooooo hard! Well, as hard as it is to judge seven pieces. But, thank you all so much for entering this contest. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about making one, but this was an incredibly fun experience.
This prompt was really important to me, and I'm so happy to have had as many responses as I've had. I didn't think so many people would have responded (I thought, at most, three people would enter), but they did. Thanks guys!

Alright, let me be honest. In the prompt, I told you all to make me believe in whatever you wrote about. Not all the pieces did that. But, I really enjoyed reading everything. But, in case you didn't win a prize, you can probably just assume that you fell short in that aspect. Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for... Winners:

First Place-
Journal Entries from a Fairytale by AbigailSauble!!!!!!!!!!!! I told myself that Abigail cannot possibly win because I used her other piece, 'At Last' as an example. But, I just loved her entry! There was no way for me to choose another piece because of how much I loved it. 
Prize: A review on 10 pieces of your choice, and, you get to give me a writing prompt. The other prize was a follow, but since I'm already following you, I'll just give you a shoutout for the next few days. 

Second Place-
#believe by Paperbird!!!!!!!!!!! I was really tied between this piece and another, but I loved the simplicity of this piece too much to let go of. 
Prize: A review on 10 pieces of your choice, and, you can give me a writing prompt. 

Third place-
Red Nose'd Sleigh Ride by SparklingEmbers!!!!!!!!!!!! She kept saying that this was trash, and it really wasn't! You did exactly what I wanted by proving to me why Elliot believes in Santa Claus. Plus, it was super cute.
Prize: A review on 5 pieces of your choice, and 5 pieces of my choice.

For those of you who didn't win, I still loved all of your pieces. And, to show you that I loved them, here are my favorite lines from the rest of the entries, ;D. This is in order of submission. Plus, you all (unless you're one of the 3 winners) you get to choose 1 piece of yours that you want me to review! Ha, congrats for the sneak-attack prize. 

All Entries (in order of submission):
Red Nose'd Sleigh Ride by SparklingEmbers. My favorite line: "I crept downstairs quietly and flickered on the lights to see something that forced my heart to skip a beat." I just love the tension and anxiety that's invoked! It really makes me stop and think, what did he see? The description was perfect and I thought your story was really cute. Love the ending.

#believe by Paperbird. Paperbird (a pessimist) decided to enter with a poem about believing in oneself. My favorite line (it was so hard to only pick one): "i can dance / under the glow / of daylight wonders." What else can I say? This was really a lot of description and optimism. As a pessimist and realist, this should have been difficult to understand, but you succeeded at the prompt by convincing me of the same feelings your main character felt. Great job.

#believe by Catherinely Me. This was another poem, written by a pessimist (again, ;D), about believing in herself. My favorite line: "I believe I can prove things / I can show that I am not worthless." Gah, I totally wish I could do that! I love that line because, I think we all do, I feel worthless all of the time. In my most optimistic state, that would be what I write too. Perfect ending.

Journal Entries from a Fairytale by AbigailSauble. Yep, she did it again, :D. This time, she wrote several journal entries from the point of view of Cinderella's stepsister, Anastasia. My favorite line (not really one line, but whatever): "The prince's ball was heavenly. I danced all night, but Druzilla sat near the refreshment table and stuffed her mouth with food. The pig." I just love the humor and the uniqueness of this entry. You did great with making me laugh and feel everything Anastasia felt too!  

Goblins and Fairies by MAM. MAM, or Majestically Awkward Manatee, is one of the newer WtW members, but she's already extremely popular and her talent shines through. Alright, enough of the gushy compliments. She wrote a short story about a girl who believes in goblins and fairies. I think it's super adorable! Okay, anyway, my favorite line is, of course, the first: "I know it! I know it for sure!" Ellie yelled." Why I love this? It captures my childhood in one line. Yep, I was an Ellie. Of course, it had to do with my extremely overactive imagination, but I was constantly defending myself against my parents and sibling's denial. 

Of Spirits and Essences by Ashleigh2403. This piece was really interesting. It wasn't in the perspective of a child or involved the belief of something childish. Very similar to 'At Last,' Ashleigh2403 really made me believe in how the main characters view the soul. My favorite line: " 'I’m trying!' Selena whined / 'Well try harder' Mira instructed..." That's a conversation I have with myself on a daily basis. 

Pancake by Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill. This was more of a comedic piece. It's refreshing to get something meant to be extremely funny. My favorite line: "Oof. Big shortcoming in my plan to expose the government. But mark my words." You were able to make me laugh out loud. Congrats; I don't laugh often.

Like I said before, thanks so much for entering! 

• korra4life

Ugh! So sorry @Quille! I think I published the wrong version of this piece which left out your name! I'll definitely correct that mistake. Go ahead and do the sneak-attack prize!

Um, I noticed that you didn't mention me as an entrant and I was just wondering if I can still take advantage of the sneak-attack prize?

Good winner choices! :D Congrats everybody!!!!!!!!!!! You all did great :DD
    And thanks to @korra4life for hosting such an awesome contest! I had so much fun doing it!! :DDD

• AbigailSauble

Sorry, I did 11 instead. Do whatever you want. =D

• AbigailSauble

Sorry .... oops ... that didn't work well. :P Let me try again:

"I Wonder" "There's Something About the Way" "Loneliness (2" "URGENT MESSAGE" "When I didn't ..." "It" "My Ghost: Prologue" (This one is WAYY down my list of stuff) "Last Time" "A Journey" "He Kissed Me" (This one you can forgo if you don't care for romantic pieces ;) ) "Wedding Day"
    Are these alright?
    As far as a writing prompt goes ...
    ~ You wake up and don't remember anything but your name. Then someone rounds a corner and somewhere deep inside, you know that they are out to kill you. You run. What happens next? ~

• AbigailSauble

Aw ... I'm honored. I'm sorry, though, that more people didn't enter ... It really was a great prompt.
    I am a firm believer in choosing pieces by oneself to review instead of other people asking (or telling) you to review them ...
    But I'll give you some suggestions, nonetheless.
    I Wonder

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

Contest results are out!

• korra4life

Got it! Oof... could you give me some more pieces? I get how hard it is to choose pieces for others to review, but I don't think I can choose from the thousands of pieces you've written.

• paperbird

oh my gosh, thank you so much!!
    i’d love a review on my piece “my mother the face-maker” and also a part of the víðir series. apart from that, you can pick. again, thank you so much!
    a writing prompt?? hm... write about an alien species investigating the human race. can you send me a comment notifying once you’ve posted?