korra4life

I'm no longer on WtW and have withdrew the majority of my pieces. If you want to get in touch, you can message me on Instagram or my email (found in 'Message from Writer').

Thanks for being around, guys! Keep writing and DFTBA.

"Changing directions in life is not tragic. Losing passion in life is" - Max Lucado. Well... that happened, which is why I'm no longer on WtW. I'll be fine.

Check out my IG (if you want): https://goo.gl/CSk1Dz

Email me if you want collaborations, need reviews, or anything else: farrahgenewriting@gmail.com

Contest Número 1

4
Welp... looks like I'm posting a contest. Yep, totally original. I usually hate bandwagons, but I gave a prompt to Abigail Sauble as a reward for being such a faithful follower on my Dear Followers post, and I loved her response. So, I guess I'm making it a public competition. I hope I get a lot of entries! 

Prompt: Write about something that you don't believe in, but your main character has to believe in it. You can't ridicule or disprove it in any way. It doesn't need to have anything to do with religion, like how Abigail Sauble does. It can be about anything, in any style, and can be poetry or flash fiction or in short story format.

Word Limit: 200-1000 words. For poetry, no more than 8 stanzas.

Tag: Make sure to comment on this post, and also, tag it as #believe. Feel free to ask me any questions on it as well.

Due Date: All entries will be due on December 28th! Yep, I'm extending the due date! You're welcome *wink.* Winners will be announced, hopefully, on the 30th, right before New Years. 

Prizes: 
First Place- A follow (I don't follow many people, consider yourself extremely lucky), a review on 10 pieces of your choice, and, you get to give me a writing prompt. 
Second Place- A review on 10 pieces of your choice, and, you can give me a writing prompt. 
Third place- A review on 5 pieces of your choice, and 5 pieces of my choice.

Judging: Alrighty, so I'm looking for something that makes me believe. I want to feel your main character's raw beliefs and I want you to be able to convince me that they're right in what they believe. Make me feel it. I don't mind if it's something as simple as Santa Claus, as long as it's interesting and it's unique. I don't want some story about a 4 year old who truly believes Santa Claus exists, just because his parents told him. 
Just like what Abigail Sauble did in 'At Last,' I need you guys to make me agree with your character. This character must be 3-dimensional and must be able to convince me that they're belief is right.

Read Abigail Sauble's 'At Last', in response to my prompt. Also, ask me any questions in the comments. Let me know if I missed any important information too!

• korra4life

This is too tough D:

• majestically awkward manatee

Yep, same. I seriously don't know how to judge for my contest and I don't want to offend people :/

Fearing I may have the same trouble :D

• korra4life

Thanks! So far, judging has been super hard. I don't like to judge people... this is super frustrating. I don't want to offend anyone. I'm about to just give everyone the first place prize, XD

Hope it goes well!! :DD

• korra4life

Yes, I have decided to extend the deadline from the 21st to the 28th. Hopefully, this way, more people can enter the competition. It also gives me more time to recover from the flu. I'm super pissed about getting sick... urgh.