Bye2

korra4life

I'm no longer on WtW and have withdrew the majority of my pieces. If you want to get in touch, you can message me on Instagram or my email (found in 'Message from Writer').

Thanks for being around, guys! Keep writing and DFTBA.

"Changing directions in life is not tragic. Losing passion in life is" - Max Lucado. Well... that happened, which is why I'm no longer on WtW. I'll be fine.

Check out my IG (if you want): https://goo.gl/CSk1Dz

Email me if you want collaborations, need reviews, or anything else: farrahgenewriting@gmail.com

Contest Número 1

15
Welp... looks like I'm posting a contest. Yep, totally original. I usually hate bandwagons, but I gave a prompt to Abigail Sauble as a reward for being such a faithful follower on my Dear Followers post, and I loved her response. So, I guess I'm making it a public competition. I hope I get a lot of entries! 

Prompt: Write about something that you don't believe in, but your main character has to believe in it. You can't ridicule or disprove it in any way. It doesn't need to have anything to do with religion, like how Abigail Sauble does. It can be about anything, in any style, and can be poetry or flash fiction or in short story format.

Word Limit: 200-1000 words. For poetry, no more than 8 stanzas.

Tag: Make sure to comment on this post, and also, tag it as #believe. Feel free to ask me any questions on it as well.

Due Date: All entries will be due on December 21st! Winners will be announced, hopefully, on the 23rd. 

Prizes: 
First Place- A follow (I don't follow many people, consider yourself extremely lucky), a review on 10 pieces of your choice, and, you get to give me a writing prompt. 
Second Place- A review on 10 pieces of your choice, and, you can give me a writing prompt. 
Third place- A review on 5 pieces of your choice, and 5 pieces of my choice.

Judging: Alrighty, so I'm looking for something that makes me believe. I want to feel your main character's raw beliefs and I want you to be able to convince me that they're right in what they believe. Make me feel it. I don't mind if it's something as simple as Santa Claus, as long as it's interesting and it's unique. I don't want some story about a 4 year old who truly believes Santa Claus exists, just because his parents told him. 
Just like what Abigail Sauble did in 'At Last,' I need you guys to make me agree with your character. This character must be 3-dimensional and must be able to convince me that they're belief is right.

Read Abigail Sauble's 'At Last', in response to my prompt. Also, ask me any questions in the comments. Let me know if I missed any important information too!

• Ashleigh2403

• Lee Fudge

I’m in!

• Majestically Awkward Manatee

Here is my story, hope you like it!!!

• CreativeAngel

This sounds like a fun prompt so good luck to everyone!
    Sadly i won't have time to do it till like winter break and currently i'm out of ideas. I'll try my best tho

• Majestically Awkward Manatee

I think i'll join this :) Sounds fun!

• korra4life

Don't worry about it!

Oops! Didn't actually mean to unlike :) *sheepish smile*

• f l o r a

im gonna do this-i promise
    also, chapters five and six of one step second plunge have been published, if you wanna take a look at those, but at your own risk, might I add.

Revised & re-published :D I added one sentence, hope it helps the piece make sense :DD
    Thank you for hosting this awesome contest! :DD

• korra4life

Let me know if you would appreciate that! I might not extend it if I get no feedback.

• korra4life

Don't worry! I totally understand the struggles with being busy (I honestly should be doing a bunch of stuff right now). If you can join, go ahead. Plus, I was planning to extend it a few days during Winter Break so that some of the people who've been interested but don't have time.

• JadeAndSerpentine

Oooooh... what a great prompt!

But I've been very busy and will continue to be for a while. I barely even have time to come on the site. I'd love to join, but I'll have to see how it works out.

Just put mine up! :DD

• AbigailSauble

Finally did it! :D

• green.eyes.gurl

Just a heads up: This piece is really positive, which goes to show that I am a very negative person. It's also a lot shorter than I was expecting. Here goes nothing!

• korra4life

Thanks @Kahasai. I replied to your comment on Paperbird's submission, but I'll just say the same thing here.
    I believe that we writers really need to work on persuading our audiences. We also need to learn how to write about characters who are different than us in many ways, including their beliefs. It makes for better writing, and even for a much better story.
    Please try! There's no harm in trying to do it

• Kahasai

This is genius!

I'm going to try to enter the competition, but no guarantees.

• korra4life

@Catherinely Me- Nope, there's no specific line count per stanza.
    @Paperbird- I can't wait to read it!

• paperbird

It's very simple--probably not exactly what you were looking for, but I hope you like it anyway. And yes, it's all based off of the opposite of what I believe... I'm kind of a pessimist.

• green.eyes.gurl

Poetry: Is there a specific line count you prefer per stanza?

• korra4life

@Paperbird- you can absolutely write a poem. No more than 8 stanzas
    @AbigailSauble- you should definitely do it!
    @SparklingEmbers- I can’t wait to read your piece

• SparklingEmbers

I did it! Failed but did it! Here's the link:

• AbigailSauble

Hm.....I should totally do this again..... :D :D This'll be fun!! Hope you get lots of good entries!

• paperbird

I'm in. Can I write a poem if it fits the word count?

• korra4life

I bet you're writing is perfectly fine! Don't worry about it!
    I forgot to mention: I'll be commenting and reviewing all of the submissions!

• SparklingEmbers

I'm not really good at this kind of persuasion but it seems fun

• SparklingEmbers

I'll do it...my writing is bad though but I'll try!