Aurora australia

Aurora Australis

Never stop:
Dreaming
Exploring
Questioning
Learning
Writing

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my work. Please give me feedback! I know I need it.
Have a wonderful day and remember to be yourself, after all, there is nothing more beautiful. ❤

Stars In My Eyes

3
The night air brushes over my skin, leaving goosebumps in its wake. Blades of grass trail dewy fingers down my back as I lay down. The scent of damp Earth surrounds me, filling my lungs and breathing life into the darkness. One by one, like eyes blinking open, the stars fill the sky. My lost friends, the constellations, welcome me back into their embrace. Countless nights I used spend out here, watching the milky way create a glowing pathway to heaven. The constellations had kept me company in those dark nights, each one there for a reason.
People came and went but the stars never left my side. Day or night I knew they were above, guiding every step I took. But then I grew up and was told to take my eyes of the stars and my head out of the clouds. I got lost in the world of the mundane. Always looking down at the ground, at the next step I had to take. Never having the chance to look up and dream. But still the stars watched over me, called me to return to where I belonged.
And now I'm home again, with grass in my hair and stars in my eyes.

• SparklingEmbers

beautiful, I don't know what else to say. Your words fit together in a wonderful way and it flowed like a river. Everything about this piece was beautiful I loved it :) Keep writing!