Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ
Aquaphobe
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars." ~ Martin Luther King Jr

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Remember 9/11!

At Last #believe

5
Dark clouds hung across the afternoon sky like a thick curtain, obscuring the sun. The cool breeze smelled of rain. Caiaphas glanced over at the huddled group of cowardly Jesus-followers.
   Satisfied his plan had worked, he gazed back up at his handiwork. 
Jesus of Nazareth, the false prophet, who had been proclaiming heresies for the past three years, now hung from the splintered wooden beams. Crimson red spurted from various wounds on his arms, legs, face, and back. Even more blood oozed from around the nails which pierced the heretics' hands and feet. A crown made of vines with inch-long thorns clung to Jesus' bowed head. Blood-diluted-sweat trickled down his pale, weathered face.
   Caiaphas closed his eyes briefly and smiled. I'll make a sacrifice to Yahweh after the Sabbath in thanksgiving. Speaking of which. He opened his eyes to take another look at the sky.
   Sundown was coming quickly; Sabbath was near at hand.
As his thoughts drifted off to preparations, a voice called out from the row of hanging men. 
His eyes fell on Jesus, in the middle. A wooden sign hung above his head which read in Aramaic, Greek, and Latin: King of the Jews
   Foolish Pontius Pilate. Caiaphas thought bitterly of the Roman leader, who had ordered the inscribing for the crucifixion. That rabble-rouser is no king of mine. 
   Jesus lifted himself up by pushing down on the nail in his feet. He groaned in pain then licked his dry lips. 
   "Father, forgive them. For they know not what they do." 
Caiaphas realized he'd been craning his neck to hear the hoarse words, and promptly corrected himself. 
   A fellow Jew from one of the prestigious families in Jerusalem, spoke in a mocking tone. "Are you talking to Elijah, Jesus?"
Then someone else pitched in. "Let's see if Elijah will help him!" 
   More voices chimed to echo their sentiments. 
   Sobs rose from the group of Jesus-followers and prostitute women. 
Caiaphas himself almost sniffed in disdain. Unclean peasants. Yahweh will judge them. 
   Then he would be proven right once and for all. The righteous high-priest who followed Yahweh's commands. 
   Movement at the middle cross caused Caiaphas to focus back on Jesus, who was growing paler by the minute. 
"Father," Jesus took a gasping breath. His strength was giving out. "Into Your hands I commit my spirit." Jesus lifted his eyes to the sky. "It is finished." 
   Then he exhaled, and went limp. 
Accomplishment filled Caiaphas with pride. Now the land was at peace from heretics. Jerusalem was once again safe. He closed his eyes and smiled. 
   Suddenly the ground beneath him shook vehemently, knocking him to his knees. Women screamed, everyone scattered in confusion. Lightning flashed in the sky, followed by tremendous claps of thunder.
   Course gravel and dry dirt pressed into Caiaphas' palms as he waited for the tremors to cease.
After what must've been several minutes, the earth finally stilled. 
   That's when the rain began to fall. 
Huge, cold drops. Caiaphas' clothes and beard soon grew heavy with water, and he brushed his hands off on a clump of nearby grass before starting his walk back home.
   He took one final look back at the row of crosses, and at Jesus of Nazareth, dead at last. 
Yahweh has given me victory over my enemy. Blessed be the name of Yahweh. 
   Then he walked home. 
korra4life gave me a prompt 'write about something you don't believe'! I don't know if this is exactly right, but...here it is. :) 

• AbigailSauble

@Paperbird - Yeah...I was trying to work on that...but...guess I'm not good at bad guys. :P

• paperbird

Interesting idea. This is beautifully written. I like how you wrote it using Biblical context, and your words were empathetic regardless of your actual beliefs. It might help to make the reader feel more sympathy for the narrator--explain their motives, their emotions, to help them feel less like a bad guy and more like a human. Anyway, great job :) It's not often I read a piece like this.

• korra4life

Just published the contest! You're free to enter another piece, if you want

• AbigailSauble

Not at all. :)

• korra4life

Yay! I'll post it tomorrow. I hope you don't mind if I use yours as an example, :D

• AbigailSauble

Oh good! I was hoping that you would make it into a public prompt or competition!! :) Definitely do it!

• korra4life

This is awesome!!!!! Of course it fits my prompt. I love how you wrote about someone who is a Jew yet who dislikes Jesus and his teachings. Caiaphas is an incredible character that you dove into. I felt all of the raw emotions that both Caiaphas and Jesus felt. This is amazing!!!!!!
    I think I'm going to make my prompt a real competition. What do you think? I usually don't like jumping on bandwagons, but I really liked what you came up with and I want to read more.

• nevaredhp

wow...wow...WOW *heart-eyed emoji*
    you're a great writer. Beautiful descriptions and a great idea.

• Victoria Penning

It's really cool how you wrote it from his perspective! I really like this! :D you did a great job writing it. :)