Images 1

f l o r a

lady madonna
children at your feet
I wonder how you manage to
make ends meet

Uhm. I'm tired.

One Step, Second Plunge (2)

2
Belle went to bed early, trying to hide the scars of her demise. She fell into a deep, deep, sleep, not even caring to even get a bite to eat.  Danny didn't want a baby, not after what had happened. He didn't even want to try.
She fingered the remnants of the swelling on her cheek, feeling tears start up all over.
What happened to second chances? It was as if they didn't exist, or never had. 
She looked out at the starless night sky as she laid on her side, her chin rested in her hand. 
"Why did this have to happen to me?" She whispered. Was it selfish, to want something that her lover didn't? Something that they could share together?
Yes. They had to take things slow, reaching milestones before throwing themselves into the pitfalls of complete and total togetherness.
No, having children had been her dream, and she had gotten two beautiful ones...
..and asking for more was selfish. God.
She pressed a hand to her belly, rubbing gently. The baby was gone, but she still liked to imagine, in some twisted way, that it was still there. The feeling of housing another life had made her feel beautiful. Important.
The doorknob clicked, and the hinges squeaked.
"Baby, I'm sorry," Danny's voice.
Belle didn't move. She squeezed her eyes shut and gripped the sheets. "What do you want?" She tried not to let her voice shake.
His footsteps were heavy as they clanked against the hardwood floor. 'Baby, please,"
"Don't sweetalk me, okay?" She turned to face him. "Do you really think I want to talk to you, after what you did?"
A sigh, a deep, heavy sigh. "I shouldn't have done that." His hand rested on her shoulder. "I just.."
"You don't want a baby."
"Yeah," The emerald hue in his irises faded. 
"You're just restating what you told me earlier. Nothing new."
Danny's tanned, strong hand moved to her belly. "I got scared, Belle. I still am."

Belle's hand slid on his. "You don't have to be afraid."
"Belle, I could have lost you. You are my everything.
"I know." The tears began to fall. "I know that, Danny. But I was carrying a baby, and her safety was more important-"
"Wait, it was a girl?" Danny's face fell. Belle felt a pang in her chest. 
"I was going to tell you on the way to your parents' place, but never got the chance."

Danny just sat on the edge of the bed, he pulled away and placed his hands in his lap. He just stared.
"Aw, Jesus, Belle. It was a girl," His voice shook. "It was my daughter. And I killed h-her. And almost you.." He pressed a hand to his stomach and doubled over, his blueish locks fell into his eyes. "I'm gonna be sick."
"Danny," Belle put a hand to his back. " Danny, calm down."
"No," He pushed her away and raced to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.
Belle buried herself deep under the covers, trying to block out the sound of his retching.
This wasn't what she had wanted. Not at all.

• korra4life

This is really good. Is this a sequel or something since it says 2 in the title?

• SparklingEmbers

Awwwww! This was so sad! The way you used words made the water fill my eyes, it was beautiful and a real example of what could happen, great job :)