Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Selfless #ICBYShortStory

5
I stared across the table at Marianne in shock. 
   "You guys broke up? Why?" I couldn't believe my own ears. Marianne and Samuel were two weeks away from their wedding day. February 14th. The most romantic date ever. I was to be the maid-of-honor. 
   Marianne shrugged and lifted the fizzing soda-filled glass to her lips. She took a small sip; shrugged again. "I don't know. I guess we weren't really meant for each other after all." Then her eyes cut to mine. 
My heart sank. She knows. 
"Besides," she continued, "you love him, don't you?" 
   I couldn't breathe. Marianne had figured it out. I lowered my eyes; I couldn't look her in the face. Heat rushed onto my cheeks. 
"He's all yours, Renee. I give you my blessing." Marianne leaned forward, her hand connected with mine. Her eyes soft, tearful. "Because there's no one else meant for Samuel than you."  

1

• korra4life

This is a very powerful and interesting story! I just wrote my review!

• AminahMcBina

Wow! This was so powerful! My friend was about a week away from the wedding, and it never happened. Next thing you know, her cousin and her fiance wound up getting married a year later. It was so crazy!

Thanks for entering my contest. This was such a good read! Well done! Good luck!
    -Mina

• AbigailSauble

Wow! That must've been hard.....

• Mary Wall

Awww. this is sweet! I know someone who broke up 3 days before they're wedding.