Wtw pfp

stripedfly

I like cats.

I prefer being alone, cold to heat, and chocolate over broccoli.

Short little contest #4

23
Quick little contest by the fly here.  

Finish this sentence: It's too late for us/me to...

Choose one of the following categories--humor, romance (also includes friendships, familial love, things that suggest romances, etc), and short but sweet/powerful. 

Please post your entry in the comments. Also post which category your sentence fits into. Sentences without a category will be disqualified. Your entry may only be ONE (1) sentence long. You can submit up to 5 entries total, and it is possible to win more than once. And yes, you can ask questions ;)

Due Date is December 7. I'll be posting this a few times. Prizes are as follows:
FIRST PLACE: Three reviews (your choice or random) 
SECOND PLACE: Two reviews (your choice or random) 
THIRD PLACE: One review (your choice or random)
HONORABLE MENTION: One comment on up to three different pieces (your choice or random)

You can find my first contest here, the winners here, my second contest here, the winners here, my third contest here, and the winners here.

• rosemarywisdom

(Could also be short but powerful)

• rosemarywisdom

(Could also be short but powerful)

• rosemarywisdom

It's too late for me now. I sold my soul the minute I saw you. (Romance I guess?)

• Mads

auggh, my last one on my last comment (It's too late for me, I wanted to be the hero, but heroes make sacrifices and heroes die.) was supposed to be labeled as Short but Powerful

• Mads

It's too late for me, some mistakes are too big to be forgiven.-(friendship)

It's too late for you and me, we were doomed from the start anyways, maybe in the next life, we'll get a second chance. (Romance)

It's too late for me, I made my choice to be the villain long ago, it's my fault for not seeing I was making the choice to be a monster too. (Short but powerful)

It's too late for me, I wanted to be the hero, but heroes make sacrifices and heroes die.

• Mads

It's too late for us and I know it's my fault, but I can't change time, and you know I would sell my soul for a chance to.(Romance)

• Ashleigh2403

It's too late for us, if I had loved my son more he may not have turned to a life of crime.
    (romance)
    It's too late for us, you lost me as soon as you accidentally compared my face to a chimpanzee's
    (humor)

• PureHeart

It's too late for me to say I love you; even though all this time I did, but you never knew. (Romance)

It's too late for us to die; lets give living a shot. (Humor

It's too late for me to be saved; sometimes hope just shrivels to dust. (short but powerful)

It's too late for me to buy you a gift; how about a kiss instead? (Short but sweet.)

It's too late for me to go to bed; I'm too tired to sleep. (Humor)

• Ellie!

It's too late for us to move on to better things, but I think we got a pretty good deal anyhow. (short but sweet/powerful)

• Mary Wall

It's too late for me to ask for your forgiveness, but I hope it isn't too late to change. (Short but sweet/powerful)

It's too late for you to tell me that you love me, although I waited two years to hear you say it, because I've moved on.(Romance)

It's too late for me, but for next time, promise me that you'll tell someone before you chase a squirrel up a New York City skyscraper. (Humor)

• Ashleigh2403

It's too late for me keep living, but it's not too late for you.
    (short but sweet/powerful)
    It's too late for us to escape this, maybe you should of thought of that before you thought that trying to pet a Wolf would be fun!
    (humor)
    it's too late for me to take that back, but I am sorry I loved you.
    (romance)

• Victoria Penning

It's to late for me to change, I already shoved them away and they most likely won't take me back. (Romance - as in a family thing)

• stripedfly

Please read this!!

• Avin

It's too late for me to run, you already captured my heart.
    (Romance)

It's too late for me to sleep, I have school in 30 minutes.
    (Humor)

Its too late for us to hide, the world already knows how much I love you.
    (Romance)

• palindrome

It's too late for me to add the eggs, the cake is already in the oven. (Humor)
    It's too late for her tears, he won't see her cry. (Romance)
    It's too late for him to turn around, he already said goodbye. (Romance)
    It's too late to heal my soul, I used all of the duck tape on my broken heart. (Powerful/Short but sweet)
    It's too late for me to release all the stray kittens, they are MINE now! (Humor)

• green.eyes.gurl

It's too late for me to think of all the possible things to go wrong when setting the kangaroos free from the zoo. (Humor)

It's too late for us; you will only be hurt more if we are together when my disease overtakes me. (Romance. A Heartbreaking Romance, if that is a category)

It's too late for you to apologize to me, for you have betrayed my trust and broken my heart too many times for forgiveness. (Another romance)

You can't revolve worriedly around your faults, and must instead focus on them and highlight them. (Short but sweet/powerful/meaningful)

• Luca

It's too late for me to take back what was said, you had already left. (romance)
    It's too late for us to start over, the time in your hourglass had already ran out. (romance)
    It's too late to apologize, but for what it's worth, I'm not sorry for standing up for what I believe in. (short but sweet/ powerful)
    It's too late to turn back the clock, but I'd rather spend one last day with you than live forever in denial. (romance)
    It's too late to put my walls back, after all, you've already seen the inperfections I've hidden inside, so why bother acting anymore...? (short but sweet/powerful)

• nevaredhp

Humor: "It's too late for us to hang the Christmas decorations now," the woman said on Black Friday.

Romance: It's too late for us to be friends again, but that doesn't stop me from wishful thinking whenever you walk past me without a trace of familiarity.

Short but Powerful: It's too late for me to change the past, so it's time to live in the present at last.

• AbigailSauble

It's too late for us to replay our childhood, but never fear; the best is yet to come. (Short but sweet/poweful)

• OceansEyes

It's too late for me to wait, for he has already left me. Romance.

It's too late for us to rekindle our relationship, for we are in a war zone. Short but sweet.

It's too late for me to ever have hope, for the world has constantly proved my dreams wrong. Short but powerful.

It's too late for me to feel anything, anything at all, for he is gone, just as mysteriously as he came, with an apology note in a careful writing. Romance.

It's too late for us to say or for that matter even do anything for we are bonded by the chains of the society. Romance. Short but powerful.

• Alicat

(short but powerful) It's too late for me to open myself up; I've been locked inside for too long.

• Silver Pen

(Short but powerful): Is it too late for us to save the world?
    Humor: It's too late for me to get the banana out of his tailpipe; he already drove away.

• fatpanda

1. It's too late for me to go to bed right now, so how about another movie? (Humor)
    2. It's too late for me to take back the words I said, but, if you allow me to, I can kiss the pain away. (Romance)
    3. It's too late for me to leave. (Short but powerful?)
    4. It's too late for me to save myself, so I'll just wait for someone to come along to heal me, before pieces of me get blown away with the wind. (Idk... Short but powerful)

It's too late for me to apologise (though I promise there's a perfectly reasonable explanation) for all of the tadpoles in your bathtub. (humour)

It's too late for you to realise that I left because your endless stream of bouquets were suffocating, to the point where I vomited rose petals into the bathroom sink. (romance)

"It's too late for you to be visiting me without a damn good explanation for why you turned my bedroom into a time machine, and are holding my cat hostage." (humour)

It's too late to return to where we once stood. (short but sweet/powerful)

It's too late, far too late, but too early as well, for the passage of time is quite peculiar in these parts, wouldn't you say? (humour)

• BROFACER

It's too late for us to forget about context.

• BROFACER

It's too late for me.

• BROFACER

It's too late for me to stop the end so might as well break out the popcorn.

• BROFACER

It's too late for me to forget that small, sad smile that stole my heart.

• BROFACER

It's too late for me to turn back, so I'll close my eyes, pray, and jump.

• Opal Drop

It's too late for me to see the world again, but given the chance, I would make sure to make a difference in the world.

• Opal Drop

Humor
    It's too late to go back, but if I could, my sole purpose of life would be to rewatch the Flash and hope fore more seasons.

• AJ - Izzy

Romance:
    It's too late for me to take back what I said, she purred, because I meant it.

Humour:
    It's too late for me to hand in my homework, I argued, it's a few decades late.

Short but powerful:
    It's too late for us to take the leap, together, hand in hand, for our trust is no more.

• Opal Drop

I can't edit my comment, but the genre is Romance. Here it is again.
    It's too late for me to say sorry, I hurt him so much, he's gone.

• Lee Fudge

Short but powerful:
    It’s too for me to save you, but if I’m being honest, I wasn’t planning to in the first place.

• AminahMcBina

Short but powerful:
    It's too late for me to say goodbye, because you're already gone.

Humor:
    It's too late for me to watch 'My Little Pony' because all my friends decided to 'Netflix and chill.'

Short but powerful:
    It's too late for me to live, because I am so accustomed to only existing.

• korra4life

1. It's too late for me to turn back time and take back all of the absolutely idiotic things I've ever done in my cartoon-filled childhood (Humor).
    2. It's too late for us to pretend that the bitter winter hasn't bitten through our weak resolve (yo no sé).
    3. It's too late for me to give you the entire universe to show you my aching, terrible love because you've already given up on the idea of 'us' (Romance).
    4. It's too late for me to ask for an extra helping of temptingly delicious food at the party because they're already cleaning up, as if no one else is hungry (Humor).
    5. It's too late for me to start regretting (Short but sweet/powerful).

• pencils.and.paper.roses

It’s too late for us to give up. Short but sweet. :D

• pencils.and.paper.roses

• f l o r a

humor:
    It took way too long for me to realize life was a game of chess, except I don't know how to play chess, so I guess I don't know how to live a life.

• f l o r a

It's never too late for me to gaze into the future, but the past is a hazy warfield of love, thus unattainable.

• paperbird

It's too late for me to slip that smooth gob of butter onto the potatoes... now she's taken away the butter dish and I'm stuck with bland, tasteless paper.
    (humor)

• Tziporah Dorfman

Romance:
    It's too late for me to climb out of the grave that I dug for myself with those two words: It's over.

• Tziporah Dorfman

Short but powerful:
    It's too late for me to take back what I said.

• ProcrastinatingWriter

It's too late because she realized that she never needed what you were offering. Category: Romance

• The Dramatic Writing Club

It's too late because she doesn't need you anymore and she doesn't miss you because you never made her a priority, she was always a second thought. Category: Romance

It's too late for me to turn back; I left the edge of the cliff almost a minute ago.
    Short but sweet/powerful :D

• camlily

It's too late for us to fix what we've broken, what should have been mended a long time ago. (friendships)
    It's too late for me to go back to that awful place- send my condolences to those trapped inside. (short but sweet/powerful)
    It's too late for you to help me; I'm already drowning. (short but sweet)
    Thanks for hosting this contest!!

• Mangolover

It's too late for you to realize now; I was just a chapter in your life, and you were the whole book that I used to carry everywhere, trusting that you would turn out good somehow, but you always weighed me down. -(romance)

It's too late for me to turn back now, I'm already a little gone, and it's tiring for me to hang on to your so-called promises.-(short & sweet but powerful)

It's too late for you to say sorry now, I've already found somebody else, and I don't even know if you truly mean it. -(romance)

It's too late, for you already said what I feared most and please don't try to save me this time.-(romance)

It's too late for you to care now; for everyone starts caring when it's too late. -(short & sweet but powerful)

Sorry if it looks long, I just spaced mines so it would be easier to read :P

• Jozie

It's too late for me to love again. ( Romance)
    It's too late for us to actually be a family... you should have realized that the minute you walked out the door. ( Family love).
    It's too late for me to get drunk, cause apparently all the rums gone. ( Humor)
    It's to late for us to regret the things we've done, cause the world knows the things we done can't be taken back. ( Romance)
    It's too late for me to pretend I'm okay. (short but sweet/powerful)

• Emma16

It’s too late for us to be kids again.(short but sweet)
    It’s too late for us to stop the tanks rolling over this year’s harvest. (short but sweet)
    It’s too late for us to take back the 100 page booklet of SpongeBob memes we turned in as our gym project. (humor)
    The frost has come, the snow is falling, and it’s too late for the rose to bloom.(short but sweet)
    It’s too late for us to take back our words, to see past the mist of anger into each other’s loving eyes. (short but sweet).

• Ryder

It's too late for us to surrender, we must fight to the last!.
    (short but sweet/powerful)

• AbigailSauble

It's too late for me to go back and change everything, but how was I to know the spaceship actually worked? (humor)

• AbigailSauble

It's too late for me to tell you how much you meant to me, but worst of all, it's too late to tell you how sorry I am. (romance)

• Christy Wisdom

It's too late for me to stop reading Harry Potter, I've gotten sucked into it! Humor
    It's too late for me to be saved; and yet, I'm not sad, for by my death you may live. Short but sweet/powerful
    It's too late for "us" to survive; the damage has been done. Romance
    It's too late for me to figure out what on earth the answers are for this test. Humor
    It's too late for us to save the Earth; it's already been blown up. Humor

It's too late to apologize.... IT'S TOO LATE!!!! Lol one republic. Not an entry, just really wanted to say that last one.

• Surly Wombat

It's too late for us to find our way into the stars as star-crossed lovers; maybe we'll be an epic tragedy.
    Romance/Short but Powerful, sorry didn't know what category it fit better.