Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

i'm known for my long freakin' comments and highlight crazy reviews, but like seriously? life's been to crazy y'all, so bear with me, please.

___
p.s
if i call you "love" or "lovely" that's just how i talk, so don't freak out lol

My heart broke, the same day I found it.

PROMPT: Everyday Magic

5
It was as the sun dipped into the ocean, causing the sky to fill with shades of pink and orange. The sand was cool against my skin, but I could feel it stick to my legs, the water acting as glue. I could feel warmth coming from the tops of my legs, and as I looked down, I saw the slight shade of red on my thigh. We've been outside so long, and I forgot to put sunscreen on. Sighing, I scanned the everyone around me, trying to figure out what everyone was doing.
Mother laid on her baby blue towel, as Father sat in his beach chair by her head. I could hear the soft hum of their whispers, by not a word they exchanged. One of my brothers, and my sister, were splashing each other with water, as the tide slowly rose. Two of my friends were talking to each other, sharing a bag of chips. Their smiles were pure, as they shared an innocent day together, as if no troubles were even possible to happen. Suddenly, I realized someone was missing.
Quickly, I stood up, causing Mother to look at me.
"I'm looking for baby!" I say, answering the unspoken question in her raised eyebrow.
Smiling, she pointed to her right. I followed her finger, and found baby playing with a shovel. Then, I saw him. He was standing next to baby's hole, using our spare shovel, digging with him. From here, I could see them both smile and laugh, as they continued a pointless task. A small grin teased my lips, as I noticed he had the hot pink shovel in his hands.
Just as I allowed the grin to stretch across my face, baby fell in the sand, slipping into the hole. Before I could react, he threw if shovel down, and pulled baby up. After brushing the sand off and wiping baby's tears, he said something, that allowed baby to stop crying, made them both giggle.
And it was through that giggle that I realized how amazing he was. How he's been my friend for so long, and I've never been happier. That he was their to help, and cheer you on as you went. He was everything and anything the moment you needed him. Not even a hot pink shovel would stop him from having a good time.
Then, I remembered. The memory came crashing down like a wave in a storm. I was leaving in a month. I wouldn't be back for years. He and I, would barely see each other. Not talk for long periods of time. Live separate lives from each other. Grow older, with rarely any visits. Have time, but never for each other.
A single tear rolled down my cheek.
I just realized that I feel in love with my best friend, yet, would soon, never see him again.

1

• Wisp

Romance is not my forte in actuality. Sure I read novels that make you cringe, sure I write meaningless love poems and short stories because I’ve succumbed to that thought I need another one to be happy, and sure I’ve dreamed of someone I could fall in love with. But it’s different than actually experiencing it. But this piece, it makes me feel that I have actually been in love, it makes me feel like I was on that beach with my heart breaking just as soon as it had been full. I hope it worked out with you and your friend.

• CreativeAngel

This goes full deep. I’ve never had any experience with this stuff but wow this was good!