709ac422c0eb19481e3d46e7205b6e63

Mads

Books. Writing. Art. Chocolate. Bisexual. Massian.
Witch. Snowbaz. Love Simon. Leah on the Offbeat.
The Hate You Give. Eliza and her Monsters

Dreamer

"To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered"--Sarah J. Maas

The Eldest Child

5
    The oldest child is the one who has to put on a brave face even if they are quaking in fear
    The one that has to watch as their younger siblings get opportunities at an age they didn’t
    They are the ones that cry behind closed doors because everyone expects them to put up a strong front
    They’re the ones that have to hide every chink in their armor as the younger show off theirs
    They have to be a leader and have nothing to show for it
    The one that has to be the role model when they have no idea what they’re doing
    They have to see the world as it is while their siblings are learning at ages as old as eleven that life isn’t fair
    Lessons they learned the moment the second child was born
    They have to keep the younger ones in line even if they won’t listen
    They get to have the privilege of being the ‘experiment child’
    The ones that get to observe as the younger go through their childhood with more ease than the oldest ever will
    They are the ones that have to put up a wall of impenetrable steel so that no one sees them as weak and no one finds those fatal chinks in the armor.  
    The oldest are the generals that have to hold up fort against impending enemies with no army behind them, no respect, no attention from the higher ranking, and with armor with few but fatal chinks in it that if hit, will take them down
    And all they can do is pray that the enemies won’t see it.  
    That they won’t notice those fatal flaws and shoot the fatal blow that would destroy everything.

1

• Mangolover

Really feel the same, so relatable the way you expressed it! great job :P

• Mads

Thank you all so much for your comments! I'm so glad you found it relatable! Again Thank you :)

• korra4life

I absolutely love this! I'm the youngest in my family but I notice how my oldest sister behaves around me; she pretends to be stronger than she really is and she has to watch me as I grow faster and live easier than she had to. It seems like it's really hard to be the oldest.
    But, anyway, I love the way you pieced this together.

• Made4Love

So relatable! I am the second oldest of six kids, so I do feel this one:)
    Nicely written! Keep writing!

• AbigailSauble

I have 7 siblings...but I'm the 2nd-to-the youngest. ;) I have a couple good friends who are the eldest of their siblings, so this is very relatable!

• Mads

Shoutout to those of you who have siblings!