Acrystalpartridge

Crys Partridge

I've lived in three countries so far and hope to further travel the world in order to gain the depth I need for the stories I really want to write someday - the stories I'm practicing for now.

Let Me Make This Crystal Clear For You

PROMPT: All in a Name

0
    What do the clarity of your mountain springs water bottle, the drug in Breaking Bad, and snowflakes have in common? Crystal. Thats me. In case you were wondering, I have been called both Crystal Clear and Crystal Meth, and every time the teacher explained ice crystals in middle school science class, the entire class invariably turned to bless me with their stares.
    As wonderfully unique as Crystal is, mini me thought it was even cooler to have a nickname. The obvious abbreviation was Crys, but as luck would have it, alphabetical order last names placed me right between the two Christophers in my grade in nearly every class. Just so you know, Christopher always gets to be called "Chris" before Crystal does. Thus instead of my desired cool nickname, I got called "Phoofy" by some kid in my class due to a bad hair day in which my hair was, apparently, "phoofy". 
    Did I say "Crystal" is a unique name? Well, I certainly thought so. Then I went to college and met two other Crystals in the course of a week, one of which lives just down the hall. Chilling in a group with the another Crystal was a new experience for me. Now I know how all those Christophers, Joshuas, Elizabeths, and Graces feel when they hear their name, but alas, it is not intended for them.