Image 4697 quokka

camlily

we were all put on this Earth for a reason-

make it count.

~ · ~

Sometimes inspiration can come from the darkest places. Grab life by its worn reins and give it a whirl ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you appear in my notifications, I'll be in yours.
If y'all want me to check out a piece or peer review it, let me know in the comments of one of my pieces and I'll do my best to get it done :)
I follow everyone no matter what. I always give likes back, follow back, and I try to peer review back!

Don't forget to leave a

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╱┏╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╱┃┃╱╱╱┳╱┓┳╭┫┳┓
▉━╯┗━╮╱┃╱┃┣┻╮┣╱
▉┈┈┈┈┃╱┻┛┛┻╱┻┻┛
▉╮┈┈┈┃╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╰━━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱

- courtesy of SamG95

(also, feel free to add me on sc; cam_lily119)

The Game

9
 Your sigh echoes in the cold, dark room.  It reverberates off the object that lays in the center- a vintage game board.  
"Roll," your sister says monotonously, and you can tell that her eyes are already beginning to blacken.  She's giving in to the game.  
 With all of your willpower, you pick the dice up and drop them on the floor. They roll for a few seconds, then land on double sixes. You curse, a massive headache beginning to overcome your brain.  If only there was some way to overcome this torture of a game- death seemed the only answer, as you were bound to play the game for the rest of your lives.  
 Your brother rolls after you.  The game has been kinder to him, as he has more green tokens than both you and your sister combined.  He's also won a pink card to accompany and assist him throughout the rest game.  He rolls a three and a two.  You can't help but groan- five is the luckiest roll in the game, as it gives you a free "skip a turn" card.  
  It's your mother's turn now.  As she's older, she has more responsibilities in the game, and she can only roll numbers higher than two.  The dice fall from her hands and land on a three and a four.  So far, she's escaped punishment.  
  You look at what used to be your father's chair.  He finished the game a long time ago, your mother had told you, about a year after you started to playing it. For whatever reason, the game disliked him and only allowed him to roll sixes (the worst number in the game, as the goal is to be the last to reach the end).  You'd always wondered what it would be like to finish the game- according to your mother, you would simply vanish into thin air.  But you still had a while to go.  
  Your sister picks up the dice without emotion.  She hasn't talked for a couple turns now, and you're beginning to worry about her.  She rolls a four and a six- ten.  
  Slowly, she moves her piece, where it lands on a brown square.  There are only two of these in the game, and they cause the player to give up all of their green tokens.  A tear slides down your sister's face as she quietly whispers "I'm done".  The darkness you'd already seen in her eyes expands and envelops her entire body, and all you can do is watch.  
  Then she disappears, "vanishes", as your mother had said.  You turn to the rest of your family, their faces etched in pain. Your brother pushes the dice in front of you, and you roll again.  

Heyyy!! I actually kind of like this!!  Basically, the game is an analogy of life (the green tokens are money, the pink card is a significant other, the sister had depression which caused her to take herself out of the game). This was inspired by EarlyPearl's contest, linked here: EARLY PEARL IS HOSTING ANOTHER CONTEST!, which I encourage you to enter!! (I am actually entering a real piece for this contest, but the word limit was 50 words and I knew that this would be much more).  So yeah!! Thanks for reading <3 <3 
~~Have a wonderful day filled with sunshine and rainbows~~
-camlily  

• CreativeAngel

Hi

I like spamming your notifications

• camlily

Thank you so so much!!!!!!

• korra4life

Thanks so much for reviewing my pieces! I just submitting my review of this. Great piece! I hope you expand on it :D

• CreativeAngel

I question why i don't have intelligence. This is beautiful. I was surprised and scared and into the story. Best thing i ever read.

• korra4life

@Mangolover: You're totally right! This is just like the first Jumanji movie. It's not really like the second because they're in a video game, but it's pretty similar.
    @camlily: Thank you so much! And, definitely, take your time to review whichever one you'd like.

• camlily

@korra4life- I would love to review your pieces!! They may take a while to write, but I'll make sure that they are thorough and constructive ;))

• camlily

THANK YOU GUYS so much for your amazing comments!! And yes, I have to admit I was inspired by Jumanji :DD it is suchhh a good movie <3
    Thanks again <3 <3 <3

• Mangolover

This is amazing and really sounds like a movie I've watched--Jumanji [the first one] (& I recommend watching it & #2 to those who haven't). You were really descriptive with your words and that really allowed emotions to pass through for the reader. Great job & keep writing :P

I think 'WOW' really sums up how I feel after reading this. :DD

• korra4life

Wow! This is really, really, really good! I love how unique it is and how relatable it is. I also love how the sister says, 'I'm done,' when she has to give up all of her green tokens. That's how people weigh life sometimes, only worth the amount of money they have. This is a great story. I can write a review, if you'd like. Just let me know :D
    I would really love a review on any of my pieces, but I'll help you narrow it down. Right now, I'm really interesting in trying to improve 'The Zenana' a long dystopian excerpt (there's also a Prequel that I published to explain some things), 'Thief' a decently sized (swashbuckling?) tale, or 'Replay' a realistic view on memory. By no means am I asking you to do all of them but I can't choose one to ask for. And, also, you don't have to do any of these, if you don't want to. I have plenty of other works for you to review, if you want. Thanks for offering!

• camlily

Thank you!!

• Made4Love

This is really, really good!