Screen shot 2019 03 12 at 5.28.21 pm

Opal Drop

A huge Harry Potter fan
mix of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw
I love to write, write, write
Again huge HP fan
I love fantasy,
Well, um, I'm 13. Not 14 yet....
Excited for high school, going to be there soon!

I don't celebrate Christmas, and my goal is not to offend anyone with this piece. I just want to express how I feel about December.

My December

December. When you say it, you can feel the chill run through you. I don't celebrate Christmas, but December brings something to me still. The cold wind that shivers every now and then, pushing into you. Your breath that forms a small cloud in front of your face. To me, that is December. 
    When I think December, I see snowcapped mountains, and iced grass with frozen dew drops, suspended on a single blade of green. The trees are barren, but still there are leaves strewn on the ground. Everyone is cuddled in a warm jacket, some with earmuffs to protect the human body's delicate ears. The little snow spread over a wide area melts to the touch.
    Every pore shivers with the intense cold. I love it! That's my December. My dream December. It's happened once. But once is more than enough for me. That dream is a rare occurrence where I live. It happened last year, the December of 2017. And I was simply ecstatic. Now again this year, I am too greedy to hope for it again. But still, I am happy with what I have.
    With December approaching, lovely, lovely December approaching, the winds chill. Crisp as the autumn leaf, the breezes are not breezes anymore. They are harsh winds, that have mercy every now and then. You can hear the Polar Express theme playing when you step out even just onto your porch. That beautiful melody that plays when you feel the strong wind blowing your hair back, maybe even blowing you back. That is the true wonder of December. 

1 month of caressing wind. 

31 days of joyful breezes. 

744 hours of huddling for warmth.

44640 minutes of dimmed skies.

2678400 seconds of happiness.

December is truly wonderful isn't it? I suppose that winter, how much ever that cold exterior lashes at you, it actually is the most beautiful thing. The cold raindrops that freeze before they can seek sanctuary on the ground. The beauty of December that doesn't hesitate to express itself to the entire Northern Hemisphere. I suppose the June of the Southern Hemisphere is like this. But December, delightful December, is truly sublime. Glorious! 

• Opal Drop

@ryxxry
    Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. Do you have any suggestions for me on how to make it better? Thanks again!

• ryxxry

Loved your piece. Also, I don't celebrate Christmas either.