korra4life

I'm no longer on WtW and have withdrew the majority of my pieces. If you want to get in touch, you can message me on Instagram or my email (found in 'Message from Writer').

Thanks for being around, guys! Keep writing and DFTBA.

"Changing directions in life is not tragic. Losing passion in life is" - Max Lucado. Well... that happened, which is why I'm no longer on WtW. I'll be fine.

Check out my IG (if you want): https://goo.gl/CSk1Dz

Email me if you want collaborations, need reviews, or anything else: farrahgenewriting@gmail.com

Disk #PlaytheGame

2
The blue disk tightens in my grip. The checkerboard stares back at me and I let out a small sigh and let go of the piece on an empty square. I reach for the small shot glass of amber liquid on the same square and take a sip, fearing poison.
This was inspired by an episode of Busted!, where one of the detectives was required to play a game with an opponent he was trying to best. The layout is similar to Checkers but the gameplay is different. Each player gets one move each turn on the checkerboard. Each square corresponds to another square on an adjacent checkerboard, where a shot glass full of colored liquid (water) sits. Every time a player lands a piece somewhere, he must drink the glass that corresponds to the square he chose. One of the glasses on the board is filled with a poison that will immediately kill whoever drinks it. 
It's similar to Russian Roulette, in that manner. I would love to expand on this piece but I'm not sure if you guys like it, so far. Let me know!

• janice

Contest winners are up!

• korra4life

I think it's just in the show that I watched. It's a really interesting game though!
    I'm glad you like it :D

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Thanks for entering my contest! :D This piece is so cool! I love how you incorporated a different type of game than I would have thought of. Is it real, or just in the show you watch?

• korra4life

Thanks! I'll try to come up with a story for it

• Mangolover

Go for it! You should really add more! It sounds interesting so far & really captivates the reader. Have fun :P