Christy Wisdom

Hello people! What to say? I'm a Christian girl. I like to write. I write tons of poetry, some short stories, and other things.
God bless you!
Shouganai
-I wish I could speak every single language, wouldn't that be cool ?

You can be nostalgic for a place you've never been if you've been there in your imagination.

strokes of paint on canvas/those are my words on a page/watch as the ink blots drawn from the depths of my mind/stain papers as they grow yellow with age/wonder if they will live forever/in the imagination and thoughts of someone/for sometimes you'll find if the words are important/blotting them out is not easily done

Thank you to all who have supported me, and feedback is always welcome!
Also, if you comment on a piece of mine, I will generally respond to it at some point.

Questions for Pro-Lifer Only

5
Hi guys! Okay, you can post questions on here, but please no debating! I just need a list of what to try to answer. You can go debate on my other piece with a similar name. Thanks!

• Christy Wisdom

You're welcome! I see where you're coming from. I'll try to answer that either in this set of essays or the next. Do you mean religious as specifically from Christianity? I'll try to keep it in mind that you also need things that aren't solely from my religion. There are points I've made that don't have to be connected to religion.

• Kenny

I'm so glad that you're doing this! My question is this: most pro-lifers say that adoption is a suitable alternative to abortion. However the foster care system in place currently is inefficient and scarce on resources. Foster parents are much smaller in number than children. If they don't get adopted, there's a very real possibility that they may live in misery. In addition to this, if the parents choose to keep the baby, but are stretched tight on money, wouldn't it be wrong for them to bring a child into the world, without ensuring that her quality of life is good?

Also, during pregnancy, the mother's body is essentially being shared by the baby. According to law, one cannot force a person to give up their bodily autonomy for any reason, even if another's life is dependent on their choice. This applies to dead people too. Nobody can take organs for donation without the prior consent of the person, or their next of kin. By banning abortion, we essentially force the woman to share her organs, nutrients, etc. with the baby. In addition to this, we know that there are very real health concerns with pregnancy. So when we ban abortion, we essentially grant women less autonomy than corpses.

Also, I've already read the first part you posted, but all your reasons are from a religious point of view. I am a Hindu, thus, arguments from the Bible don't have any impact on me. Are there any reasons that aren't from a religious POV that you can add to your argument?

Thank you for doing this, btw. I'm glad I can finally hear the other side.

• Christy Wisdom

Me too! I get that.

• Made4Love

I understand; I probably will publish a piece of my own at some point. I look forward to your first piece!
    I'm just so passionate about the unborn! :)

• Christy Wisdom

No problem! Also, I think it's fine. I mean, maybe make a different piece if you want to have a full blown debate, but as long as it doesn't get confusing for me to try to find questions to answer, I will not have too much of a problem. Also everyone, I will try (emphasis on try) to get the first essay out tomorrow, and I will look through the previous comments as well for things I will try to answer.

• Made4Love

Sorry, I just realized that sounded a lot like debating:) I simply wanted to bring up a few of the many awesome questions/topics I noticed on the other piece.
    Thanks for doing this, Christy Wisdom!

• Made4Love

I just read through every single comment on the last thing you published, Christy Wisdom, and I saw some really good questions. And some opportunities to clear up some misunderstandings. :) So here are a few questions (and a small fraction of my answers to them) that would be awesome to address, in no particular order. And if anyone is confused by any concept I mention, let me know, and o can try to explain it in more detail. And now, before anyone reads, please know that I say this respectfully and that I am willing to speak kindly with anyone who agrees or disagrees with what I say. I, just like everyone else, am curious about other beliefs.
    One: more and more human embryologists are coming to the scientific conclusion that human life begins at the moment of conception, when the sperm meets egg. A clarification - there is no such thing as a fertilized egg! At the very moment an egg is fertilized, it ceases to be an egg. It is now a single-celled zygote, a human being. Therefore, an unborn child (even at the earliest stages of development) is not a potential life; it IS life.
    Two: Consciousness is not a logical ideal for "humanness." Example - I am not self-aware at three in the morning (I am sleeping - usually). If self-awareness/consciousness is what makes one "human," then it would be ethical for someone to murder me while I sleep. *I don't think this; I'm just making a point.*
    Three: A tubal pregnancy (a pregnancy in which the embryo attaches to the lining of the fallopian tube, instead of the uterus; if you'd like more information on what a tubal pregnancy is, and the risks, I'm sure you could look it up) is fatal for the mother. In this case, abortion is still not ethical. I am Catholic, and an acceptable and ethical option to save the woman, if she chooses (sacrificing herself is still noble), is to have the fallopian tube removed. Now, this is different from abortion. In this case, the fetus is being removed (with the foreseen, but unintended consequence of the fetus' death), not directly and intentionally killed/aborted. Evidence - look up the Burning Lab Thought Experiment. Choosing who to save is NOT the same as choosing who to kill.
    Four: a common misconception - an unborn child is NOT actually a part of the mother. The child is genetically different. But (scientifically speaking) the child is not considered a parasite either.
    Five: overpopulation isn't a thing. I need to look up more statistics and data on this still, but I know that the world still has plenty of room for humans. And if resources are the issue, then teenagers, who eat a lot of food and use a lot of electricity and other resources (much more than any unborn child), should be killed instead. They take up a lot of space, resources, and money. *I don't actually think this is okay - I'm just making a point.*
    This is only a sliver of what I want to say, but I don't want to answer everything for you, Christy Wisdom. Also, all I want to say would be too long for a comment:)

• Christy Wisdom

I'm glad you have the same rules as I do!

• Silver Pen

I like your rules, @Christy Wisdom. Same goes for me.
    I would say that life begins when egg and sperm unite, but I think God must add a soul at that point too.
    I don't think it's unethical to not give birth to every single egg. An egg by itself is not a person waiting to develop. But when egg and sperm unite, something very special and dear to God happens.
    On a highly practical note, discouraging abortion would actually be in the government's best interests because each child born who reaches maturity becomes a taxpayer. :)

• Christy Wisdom

Thank you, I appreciate it! And thank you for defining it so well. Yeah, I haven't taken an official class on it, but I did a lot of research on abortion last year...

• Kahasai

Thanks for the answer. :) I'm curious to see what you say ... it's by no means a simple situation. I'm not knowledgeable enough in this area to offer any more input about it.

• Made4Love

This is an awesome idea, Christy Wisdom!
    I am also everything you said in your message from writer. :)
    Right now I'm working on a thorough response to Paperbird's questions about religion, but I might also publish something about this. I've taken pro-life apologetics classes, so I know logical (not simply through a religious lense) arguments to defend the unborn:)
    I would like to make a clarification: to be pro-life means that one stands for the value and dignity of all life (from conception until natural death), not just the unborn. :) Pro-choice means one supports the women's "right" to choose to kill (abort) her child if she so wishes.
    Paperbird's question is a good one. I know the answer, but it may be a confusing concept for those who've never learned about this stuff. Thanks again for doing this! If you need help answering any questions, I would joyfully help!

• Christy Wisdom

Oh, I'm sorry, I should've explained it. Basically Pro-life means that you are against abortion. Pro-choice means that you are for abortion. That's the gist of it, I think.

• Kahasai

Pro-life? What does that mean? This is the first time I've seen this term used ... I've seen it in your bio, but I've been too lazy to ask what it means.

• Christy Wisdom

No, it's fine. Paperbird is asking the question here. These questions are what I will try to answer on my essay that I will write up and publish in maybe a couple days (or maybe 1 or 2).

• paperbird

Okay, so my question for @Christy Wisdom (no one else :) ) is where does a sperm and egg become a baby? How do we distinguish when life begins? Is it when the baby becomes conscious (because then it would be ethical to abort the baby in early stages)? Is it when the two connect? There are thousands of eggs in a woman's ovaries? Is it not unethical to not birth each one?