A822a3a4d1fad0227105ab1da04943b0 8457

ProcrastinatingWriter

This is for the corner writing club's prompt.

#bothprompts

2
I decided to combine,  IN THE HOUSE Describe a presence in your house and EVERYDAY MAGIC Fuse the real and surreal.

I have a rustic, log cabin house upstate. It provides a very homey feel, and it also provides me with my favorite smells. A crackling log fire, baking cookies, and a woody type of smell, that's indescribable. There's a fireplace in nearly every room, including my favorite room. The keeping room. It's a smallish kind of room. It has an oak, round table, that's in the middle of two cushy chairs, that face each other. That was where I had my favorite memory. That was the first time I had seen snow. Snow was magical to me. It was so exciting and each flake looked different. I was fascinated. I lay down in the garden and just stayed there watching the snow. I was completely mesmerized. It was perfect. Then, I went back there every winter for a while and it was so fun. My cousins got a place near our place and we would always go sledding. I will ever forget the memories I made there.

• November 25, 2018 - 11:35am (Now Viewing)

• ProcrastinatingWriter

Thanks and I just completed the Rules and Form thing.

• Corner Writing Club

This is great; thank you for contributing to the prompt!

I notice that you followed Corner Writing Club. Please note that CWC is a club. Joining includes filling out the form in the piece entitled "Rules and Form" and receiving monthly reviewing partners/assignments. If you are interested, please fill out the form, and we will follow you back. If not, please unfollow.

• AnonymousWriter

Love this.