Th

AminahMcBina

Hey, I'm Aminah, but most people call me Mina.
16 yrs. old|SUMMER BREAK|INFJ-T|Female/Girl/She/Her|I think I'm something of a writer|Animal lover||MARVEL FANGIRL FOR LIFE

Sometimes life means death and death means life. Not everyone truly lives, and does anyone ever truly die?
-Mina

Life and Death

5

Sometimes I look down on all the smiling people, I make the sun shine brighter, I make the pools cooler, the ice cream sweeter, and your smile wider. I am the colours of the rainbow, and the green in the grass. I am the child in Mommy's arms, and the father hard at work. I'm that test in front of you, and that B- scribbled in red ink. But there are those who don't want me, care for me, love me. There are those, who on happy days, stay inside, curtains shut, and they just pray for life to  go away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am the hypothermia you get during winter, I am Cancer and its cure. I'm the mold forming in your corners. I am the raindrops sliding down your window, the shattered heart you draw on the pane. I am the brown in the grass, the gray in the sky, and the pain in your chest. I turn your smiles to frowns, and I make the good people on Earth go away. There are people who accept me, and smile in my wake; but there's also those who fight me, to keep death away.
How would you describe life and death?

• annie_cheng

This is so cool! I love how vividly you were able to personify life and death... they both felt like real people to me. My favorite line is "I am the raindrops sliding down your window, the shattered heart you draw on the pane". Amazing piece :)

• Aihpos

Wow. I love this. Wow.

• Johanna

Wow. This is amazingly written and so beautiful! Keep on writing!