Img 6004

R.j.Elsewhere

In every bit of truth, my writing is pretty terrible and by being here, I hope to improve it. Anyways, all you have to know about me is that I love coffee, my cat, and food, and of course, writing and reading. And I hate the way 'Lemon' is spelt.

Say it, and risk the humiliation; scream it, or whisper, or write it - even paint it on your skin. Just say it . All you're afraid to speak, do it with a shaky voice, and small trembling hands - and say it. Say it with your last breath, be it faint, and whisper thin, or meet death quietly. Let it fall off your lips, and rid the air of its emptiness. Say it. I am a nerd.

Howdoyoulikeyourcoffee#DearGod

17
Dear God,
How do you like your coffee? The last time we talked we were both so sweet on the tongue, things like coffee and bitter would have has us bent over and foul. Personally, I’m an all-black-and-never-go-back kind of girl, but you – well, I like to think you like your coffee with one too many serves of cream, and that you take it by the mouth like an old highschool sweetheart. I can’t say the same about myself. When I drink my cup of coffee, I’m like a famished babe nursing. My friends say I’m an addict; and honestly, I can’t blame them. Though, with you, I can’t feel it – the whole caffeine addiction thing. You’re a person of indulgence – chocolate from Switzerland, wine imported from Rome, coffee beans sent from London…You like to treat yourself with the finest. I know this by the type of liquor you would drink when we use to talk on that hill by 7th street.

You’re a whiskey man, a classic man. You take in each drop and savour it, treasuring the drink like it was liquid gold – and the way you sip on it, so gentle and precise and humble, it might just be. Although, we haven’t met on that hill in quite some time…do you still use that chipped glass? The one that you would nest in the bowl of your hands? You once told me your son made it for you, you said that he was a carpenter – a boy with holy hands, forgiving hands, creative hands; hands like your own. Have you seen him lately? Does he still come around? What is he doing with himself these days...?

It’s hard to know these things, we don’t see each other anymore. I don’t talk, and you don’t call. I don’t understand how this came out – maybe it was fate for us to drift apart, or maybe it was our difference in the opinions. Are you still mad? I’m not – not anymore. But I was, for a long, long time. But I miss it. I miss us. And though you might not write back, not even bother to hold a pen to a page to reply, perhaps. But to dull this ache in my soul, I just want to ask one last question – like how we use to on that hill by 7th street.

How do you like your coffee?

From your faithlost writer,
R.j.Elsewhere
Hope you enjoyed it! Also, I wrote this in science so I hope there aren't too many mistakes, lowkey didn't go over it at all. Anyways, thank you so much for creating this competition, Ryder, it was an interesting one to do! So I hope you like it...

Creator of the Competition :
Ryder

Details:
#DearGod

1

• R.j.Elsewhere

@stripedfly1001 sorry, but I didn't capitalize his name for a simple reason - I only waste time capitalizing things that hold importance to me or I deem important in the story/poem. Him being 'God' wasn't important to the letter, 'our' personal relationship was.

• stripedfly

I'm a little annoyed that you lowercased His name, but other than that I loved this.

• paperbird

i'm honestly heartbroken that this didn't win the contest. it was so good; one of my favorite pieces on the site.

• AbigailSauble

It doesn't make me angry that you made God out to be someone of 'indulgence'. I like the unique spin you put on this. Making God more of a person rather than simply a deity in the sky. :)
    I mean, besides the fact that I detest coffee, this was still well-written. ;)

• nezi_nes

@Anha minus two! I love this piece, it's as original as original can be.

• EmileyHoldsworth

this is such a creative take on this topic. I can't wait for you to post more

• Ruthh

This is so creative and clever!

• paperbird

OMG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH

• Onion3102

This was such a creative piece- loved it!

• m.n.b

THIS IS SO GOOD FREAKING AMAZING, YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD WRITER

• stripedfly

@Anha make that all Christians minus one ;)

oof, when you told me you were going to write this i had my doubts. but you did this justice beyond what I expected. amazing.
    p.s. maybe don't describe god as an alcoholic, it'll anger the christians lol