Aba160e1 6c00 4bf4 839b e5fc204ccb12

RainAndSonder

Whovian- Huffleclaw?- They/them- Star Wars- Harry Potter- Flute- Guitar- The Beatles- Fall Out Boy- Night Vale
My profile picture is a drawing of my dog.
Proud member of the Beatles cult (other members include Paperbird).

“Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .” - C.S. Lewis
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein
I've been on WtW for two (?) years now and I feel elderly.
"Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup," - The Beatles
"The best of us can find happiness in misery," - Fall Out Boy

#spicephilosopherQ&A

4
1. Do you have a favorite line from a movie/TV show/book? Why? 
    I just finished reading The Fault in Our Stars, and there was this one bit about how some infinities are bigger than others that I liked. Like how there's an infinity between zero and one but a bigger infinity between zero and two. Also, I'm a pretty big fan of Markus Zusak (author of The Book Thief, I Am the Messenger, and most recently, Bridge of Clay, which I'm currently reading and it's REALLY GOOD), and he has a lot of great lines, including:
    “I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.”
    “Maybe everyone can live beyond what they're capable of.”
    “A small but noteworthy note. I've seen so many young men over the years who think they're running at other young men. They are not. They are running at me.” ("Me" being Death; this is in reference to wars.) 

2. Describe your ideal outfit. 
    A skeleton is my go-to last minute costume, and I think I (well, mostly my mom, actually) do a pretty good job on it, but I would like to take it a step up and literally become a skeleton. Then again, I suppose I will one day.

3. If you could dye your hair any color, what would it be? Or would you choose to not dye it?
    Hmm, I don't know. Like I wouldn't mind dying my hair, but I don't think i would dye it all the way, like it would be a streak or just the tips or something. And I don't know what color I would do. Blue or red, probably.

4. What's one fandom you can theorize over for hours? (So if someone asked you "What's (insert fandom here)?", you'd go all out and explain every single detail until the person in question is well versed in it.) 
    Any of my fandoms, really. I mean, if I can't talk about it for hours, it's not really a fandom in my opinion.

5. Do you believe in horoscopes or not? Why? 
    No, but I think they're interesting. It's just not scientific.

6. What's a food you love that other people don't? 
    I don't know. I like to eat taquitos with ketchup, and I like crickets, but I don't know if that's uncommon or anything.

7. If you were a genre of movie, which one would you be?
    Probably the morbid-but-humorous, creepy-but-not-horror, Tim Burton-esque kind of movie.  

8. Who would play you in the movie of your life? 
    If they were to make a movie about my life (doubtful, but you never know), I would have one condition for it. It would be a completely normal biographical movie based around me and the things that happened to me or that I did, but the actor that plays me would be definitely-not-me. Like Samuel Jackson, or Tom Hanks, or George Clooney. And they would act out my personality perfectly, and they would act in the role of Little Kid RainAndSonder and Teenage RainAndSonder too. There would be absolutely no explanation for it, and when asked about it, the cast and crew would decline to comment.

9. Playlist your top ten songs that you can't get enough of lately. 
    If it were of all time, it would be different, but since it's lately (in no particular order):
    1. The Middle- Jimmy Eat World. And no, not the annoying pop one that came out this year. This one is much better. I find it weirdly comforting to listen to, I don't know.
    2. Something's Gotta Give- All Time Low. I've recently gotten into All Time Low after hearing that they were similar to Fall Out Boy and other bands I liked, and they're really good. I would recommend listening to them, but mostly this song.
    3. Valleys- Close Your Eyes. It's a bit more heavy than I usually like, but this song gave me chills the first time I heard it.
    4. Absinthe- iDKHow or I Don't Know How But They Found Me. If anyone knows this band, I will immediately like you. They're pretty new, haven't even released an album yet, and their leader singer is Dallon Weekes, formerly of Panic! at the Disco (although they don't sound anything alike stylistically). Their aesthetic is really cool. Check them out.
    5. Misery Business- Paramore. I literally discovered this song last night and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since.
    6. Know Your Enemy- Green Day. Extremely catchy, and I like the drums and guitar the beginning.
    7. Don't Look Back in Anger- Oasis. Heard this song on the radio the other day, and downloaded it as soon as I got him. It's older than most on this list, and the lyrics are really well-written. I particularly like "step inside the eye of your mind" and "but please don't place your life in the hands/of rock and roll bands/who'll throw it all away."
    8. Homesick at Space Camp- Fall Out Boy. This is an earlier Fall Out Boy song, and it's honestly really underrated.
    9. Say it Ain't So- Weezer. A classic. I'm starting to run out of things to say, so I'll just leave it at that.
    10. Time to Dance- Panic! at the Disco. Another underrated song, but it's fantastic.
    So yeah, go listen to those. Trust me, they're really good.

10. What's the story behind your username?
    A combination of two things I like/am interested in. 

11. If you could be freakishly good at something random, what would that be? 
    Drums. There's this drum set in the band room, and at recess people come in and play around on it; it looks fun but I don't know how to play so I'm too nervous to try. Either that, or I'd like to be good at a whole bunch of really tiny, useless things.

12. What is (or what do you think is) your Patronus?
    Hmm, I don't know... Paperbird? 

13. (For novel writers:) If someone were to make your novel into a movie, who would you want to play your protagonist? 
    Ugh, I don't know. I honestly would kind of prefer if they animated it--- not 3D animation, but stop-motion, like how they did The Nightmare Before Christmas or Coraline. That is, if it ever is made into a movie, which is doubtful.

14. (For poetry writers:) Where in your opinion, would be the place where you get most of your inspiration from? Why? 
     I don't know. My life, I guess, or things that make me think, like when I read something interesting or existential.

15. (For short story writers:) How do you know where to end your story?
    ...when the problem is solved? When the conflict is over, I guess. 

16. Favorite band?
    The Beatles, of course. 

17. Movie you last watched (and what you thought of it)?
    Scrooged, last night, and I liked it a lot. I've seen it a million times but it's still pretty funny.  

18. A kids' film you ironically or unironically like? Why? 
    Too many to name.

19. A kids' film you dislike/think is stupid?
    Sadly, the same as above. I'd say for every good kid's movie, there are at least five terrible ones. 

20. If you had a different name, what would it be?
    Satan (that was a joke, please don't come after me). 

21. What's your favorite ice-cream flavour? (because "chocolate or vanilla" is wayyyyy too specific.) 
    You know, I saw this thing on Brain Games about how too many choices make us unhappy, and they used ice cream flavors as an example. So you'll be happier with your choice if there were only five flavors as opposed to twenty. So I'm just going to stick with good old-fashioned chocolate.

22. A TV show you used to love (and still might?)
    Um... I don't know, none of the TV shows that I watch(ed) have lost their appeal or become a past interest sort of thing for me, besides the ones you watch as, like, a toddler. There was this one show called Oswald about this blue octopus and his dog and a penguin that I loved a lot as a little kid, and I still have fond memories of it because it was so much better than half the other kid's shows and movies. Nobody else seems to know about it, though, but it was a really nice show. 

23. A TV show you wish they'd stop airing? 
    Look, I live under a rock when it comes to TV shows (and most other things, for that matter, but mostly TV shows).

24. Favorite letter in the alphabet (other than your initial)? Why? 
    S for Satan (goshdarnit, Rain, two Satan jokes in one piece? You're giving them the wrong idea!) *Nervous laughter* Did... did I say Satan? No, I didn't. I said Santa. I'm a big Christmas fan. You need to get your eyes checked. 

25. Air, water, earth or fire? 
    I relate more to the Cabbage Man, although if I had to choose one I'd say air, I guess. Weirdly enough, Aquarius' element is air, even though Aquarius is the water-carrier. I'm not an Aquarius, I just find it interesting.

26. Rain or shine? 
    It never rains where I live (I say as it's raining outside--- but seriously, this is the first time we've gotten rain in forever), but I prefer rain.

27. Favorite season?
    Autumn, because it's my birthday season and because it's not too hot or too cold. Also, it's near all the holidays and the end of the year, so you have stuff to look forward to. 

28. If you could buy any designer store, which one would it be and why?
    I don't know any designer stores. Like I said, I live under a rock. 

29. Favorite Marvel character? (hero, villain or anti-hero?)
    I like Black Panther. That's, like, one of the only Marvel movies I've seen, so.  

30. (For Marvel fans:) If you could possess an Infinity Stone, which one would it be? 
    I forgot what they are.

31. (For Harry Potter fans:) If you could possess a Hallow, which one would it be?
    The resurrection stone seems like it could ruin your life, and if I had the Elder Wand I'd be living in constant fear because everyone would try to kill me for it, so the invisibility cloak.  

32. (For PJHOO fans:) If you were a demigod, who would your godly parent be?
    *Resists urge to make Satan joke*. John Lennon, god of walruses. 

33. (For Hunger Games fans:) If you were chosen to compete in the Games, which District would you represent and why?
    Like Paperbird said, it doesn't really matter because you'd die anyway, and if you somehow win your life would be hell, so. 

34. If you could have any power, what would it be? 
     This is probably not the best thing to waste magical powers on, but I'd like to be really good at drums, like I said earlier.

35. What's your Hogwarts house? Do you think it is accurate/do you think it suits you? 
    Hufflepuff, and yes, because that's the whole point of the houses.

36. And finally, did you like this Q&A?
    No. I would give it a 1.3748/10. Not enough spaghetti-related questions. (Kidding! It was good.)
Link to the Q&A here.

• Lauren Nelson

So glad that you enjoyed The Poet X! Idk if you can respond to comments so I am just saying this here. This Q&A was quite entertaining.

• RainAndSonder

@Paperbird Really? I liked them. I Am the Messenger was kind of strange, not as good as The Book Thief but it has an appeal of its own. I haven’t finished reading Bridge of Clay, I’m not even halfway through, but it seems pretty good so far so idk.
    Also, I didn’t have any Beatles songs bc I already know most of their songs, and it said songs you’ve liked lately.
    @Onion3102 Wow really? I didn’t expect anyone to know them. I agree about the music videos, they’re great.

• Paperbird

1. People have told me that Zusak's other books aren't very good compared to The Book Thief. Like, is it worth reading Bridge of Clay?
    9. YOU HAVE NO BEATLES SONGS HOW DARE YOU
    12. I'll take it
    24. I'm more disturbed by the fact that you felt the need to nickname yourself "Rain."
    25. CABBAGE MAN FOR LIFE
    32. I approve.

• Onion3102

I have also recently discovered 'I don't know how but they found me' too! They're not really my exact type but I love their music videos especially 'Do it all the time' ahaha

• rosemarywisdom

G R E E N D A Y

• rosemarywisdom

I loved reading these answers! My favorite was #13. I never imagined Unspoken animated like that, and it is interesting. 100% would watch your novel animated like that.