Sunshine192

An amateur.

When people ask, "Did you always wanted to be a writer?"
I reply, "No, I always was a writer."

Yesterday is a history
tomorrow is a mystery
today is a gift, that's why it's called
PRESENT - Kung Fu Panda

Your Number One Fan- YOU

2
I published a poem recently under the prompt- Extraordinary in the Ordinary, named 'My Bouncing Ball'. After publishing it, I went to the dashboard to see my piece. I clicked on it, and after reading it thoroughly , I was returning to the dashboard when by mistake I pressed the like button. I thought to unlike it, but that's when it hit me. Why should I unlike it. I shouldn't have published it if I didn't like it. This made me realize, how unfair we are to our selves. How many times is it that we do something good or achieve what we were aspiring for and  pat ourselves and say," Well done, you've done a good job". We usually expect others to appreciate us, while we forget that we should be our ' Number One Fan'.
Self-appreciation will take you far in life. It makes you confident about yourself. You don't have to be so hard on yourself. But this doesn't mean that we don't take in reviews. Not to forget that its one of the main components of this website which help us to improve. All we need to do is appreciate ourselves for a job done good.
So next time when you publish a piece of writing, don't forget to like it.
( I also thank the Write The World Community to keep the option to like our own pieces of writing. )

Excellent point made! :DD
    So many people I know are self-depreciating and they don't accomplish much because they don't feel like they're good enough to even try.
    I gave that up a while ago and decided that I don't care about being the best anymore, I'm good enough.
    Thank you for publishing this piece because it really gave me something to think about and a new perspective on how I really feel :)