Wtw pfp

stripedfly

I like cats.

I prefer being alone, cold to heat, and chocolate over broccoli.

How to make links AND re-post a piece without losing any comments

19
I've had several people ask me how to make links and/or how to re-post a piece without losing nay comments or likes. I've tried to make this guide as simple as possible, but let me know if something is unclear. Important things will be boldfaced.

HOW TO MAKE LINKS

Step One: Open up the piece you are working on (as in currently writing, this is very important. You should be able to change the piece while doing this. ) Highlight the word/words you would like to make a link to. Make sure you keep the word/words highlighted.

Step Two: Open a new tab and go to the piece that you would like to make a link to. Copy the URL of that piece and go back to the first tab. (A URL is the web address of a website.)

Step Three: While making sure the word/words are still highlighted (if for some reason they got un-highlighted, you can re-highlight them), click on the thing that looks like a paperclip to the right of the boldface and numbering icons. One paperclip should be black, and the other should be faded. Click on the black (left) paperclip and paste the URL where it tells you to. Click "okay" to save the link and "cancel" to cancel the link. Once done, the word/words that you highlighted should be blue. If not, then repeat or ask me for help :) Or you could google it, idk. 

TO GET RID OF A LINK

Simply click on the link and then click on the left paperclip. 

HOW TO RE-POST A PIECE AS SAID ABOVE

Step One: 
Un-post the piece. Do not change the piece in any way. Do not write, add, or delete anything in it. Simply take the piece down. 

Step Two: Re-post the piece without changing anything. The comments and likes should be the same. If you're unsure, practice this on a piece that you don't mind losing and the likes and/or comments to, just in case. 
Was this helpful? Did it not work? Does it need to be more clear? Let me know!

• November 21, 2018 - 8:34am (Now Viewing)

• Riley Noel

Thank you so much!

• stripedfly

@Lee same here lol. I taught myself

• Lee Fudge

Thanks for this! I didn’t want to ask for fear of looking dumb.

• Ashleigh2403

thanks this is helpful

• Victoria Penning

Oh! Okay. Thanks!!! :D

• stripedfly

@Jessica sorry for the late reply. Access the piece, click on 'manage versions', then click on options. Select 'unpublish'. After you do that, click on options again, and you'll get the choice to re-post the piece.

• palindrome

Thank you so much! I have been wondering about links myself...

• Victoria Penning

How do you un-post something you've already posted? I'm trying to repost the contest I'm having a couple times so people hear about it more, but I didn't want to lose the comments. :/

• Tziporah Dorfman

Thank you! This is so helpful!!

• AbigailSauble

The first part is a tad confusing....but that's likely just me based on the comments below. :D Plus, I wouldn't really use this as I don't re-post things often (or not at all). :)
    Thanks for doing this!!

This is soo helpful. Thanks for posting. I'm getting tired of the long list of chapter links on my Elfboy pieces :) Will now be able to post shorter ones :D

• paperbird

Thank you. People ask me this all the time. I'll probably send them your piece as a response.

• fatpanda

Thank you so much! This really helped!

• RNE

Thanks!!! You do not know the deprivations I've been through...ohh the dark times