Shekinah Fields

I am a 13 year old African-American petite girl. I am a sister, daughter, and aunt. I was invited to go to the National Young Leaders' Conference in the summer of 2015. I started writing since 3rd grade. I really hope you all enjoy my writing Thanks.

Writing lets out a lot emotions. When I am upset I just take out my IPad and start writing stories, poems, or even recipes. Life started out with writing. Didn't Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Roger Sherman, and Robert R, Livingston write the Declaration of independence. Writing is a medium of human communication that represents language and emotion through the inscription or recording of signs and symbols. In most languages, writing is a complement to speech or spoken language.
Let writing be a message in life to you like it was to me.

America is in Danger. We the people need to do something!!

I don't know what is going in America. It is horrible how we are dealing with all of these situations, when someone is killed we need to take justice, we should not just let someone that is a killer stay on the streets of where we live. America is in trouble we need someone to show us the way. There has always been a saying in my life about what we are to do about America, my mom  told me this that" Life may be short and we don't even know it, we need to realize that we won't be the same person that we are forever, like we have to make a change with ourselves we need to make a difference with our country."
My mom told me this for a reason. I never knew what she meant when she told me the first time, but now I know.'' Let your voice be heard be as loud as you can, you can change, shift, and make a difference in America.
I hope you all understand that we have to do something about our COUNTRY. It starts in your home, then in your community and then you decide where you want to do next. It is your decision not the WORLD'S

Written by:
Shekinah M. Fields